Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best sights on a ccw glock 19, etc?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not sure why I'm the only one listing this, but I like the Truglo TFO because the fiber optics give a fast to find sight picture in daylight, and tritium works at night. The bodies are steel.

I've also had Trijicon HD sights and those were fine too. And factory night sights on a few pistols (FNS, for one). But I prefer the TFO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just get yourself some night sights, end of discussion. Period. Don't listen to the idiots suggesting otherwise.

Oh, and go get some professional training. Spend a couple weekends getting rung out by expert shooters....you can thank me later.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamMill View Post
    Just get yourself some night sights, end of discussion. Period. Don't listen to the idiots suggesting otherwise.

Oh, and go get some professional training. Spend a couple weekends getting rung out by expert shooters....you can thank me later.

Actually, I'd pretty much ignore everything CamMill says. He's Reverend Paul McCain, who has been perma-banned here multiple times, but keeps sneaking back in. He's posting under yet another fake registration.

Goodbye, Paul. We'll keep finding you, and keep banning you. Pretty unethical behavior for a man of the cloth, isn't it? What would your flock say?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might also consider the XS Big Dot sights as well.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    You might also consider the XS Big Dot sights as well.
    Not bad sights for a carry piece. Not good sights if trying to improve marksmanship.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    He's Reverend Paul McCain, who has been perma-banned here multiple times, but keeps sneaking back in. He's posting under yet another fake registration.

Goodbye, Paul. We'll keep finding you, and keep banning you.
    Nice, clipping the SAGE (Self Appointed Guru of Everything) PT MCCAIN once again.

OT, I prefer Ameriglo Pro I Dot sights on my Glock 19s. Plenty of options out there, sometimes you just have to pick one and give it a try - although I would avoid any boutique brands / designs that are out there - sometime traditional - Tritium powered, either 2 or 3 dot configuration.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nice, clipping the SAGE (Self Appointed Guru of Everything) PT MCCAIN once again.

OT, I prefer Ameriglo Pro I Dot sights on my Glock 19s. Plenty of options out there, sometimes you just have to pick one and give it a try - although I would avoid any boutique brands / designs that are out there - sometime traditional - Tritium powered, either 2 or 3 dot configuration.
    I know, he's a particularly buoyant turd, that just does not want to flush.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Actually, I'd pretty much ignore everything CamMill says. He's Reverend Paul McCain, who has been perma-banned here multiple times, but keeps sneaking back in. He's posting under yet another fake registration.

Goodbye, Paul. We'll keep finding you, and keep banning you. Pretty unethical behavior for a man of the cloth, isn't it? What would your flock say?
    You sound almost sentimental about ol' P.M. I'll bet if he sincerely renounced his evil ways you'd forgive him. You softy, you.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-14-17 at 21:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP:

I have a set of DeFoor nite sights I really like - I have them on a 'cross-over' Glock that goes to the range a lot and gets carried sometimes.

I have shot the original straight eights and liked them enough I am having a set put on my Hi-Power.

I would second the sentiments about the express sights - fast and 'coarse' not precision - which is their intent.

Here is what I found doing night shoots with student over the years - with flashlights or weapon mounted lights I get along, heck, even prefer, non-illuminated sights. Narrow blade, wider notch.

Generally on front lit targets I found that I was faster than folks with night sights because generally shooters would fall in love with trying to align three dots. On back lit targets night sights have an honest advantage, but if you are within 7-10 yards you should be able to put upper center mass hits on a guy using a stance-directed technique placing the gun between your eyes and the BG.

Many people envision using night sights in a total darkness situation. The reality is that if you can't identify your target you can't shot. Night sights sometimes allow us to align on a target that we cant positively identify as a threat with potential bad outcomes. That, though, is a software problem, not a hardware problem.

TL;DR - I prefer that I don't have 3 dots to align - it takes most folks longer - sitting a dot on top of an 'i' or making an '8' seems quicker to me. Likewise, if it was a gun strictly limited to carry and practice for carry, I'd probably go with the big dot expresses.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    XS Big Dot w/tritium. Big ole golf ball for fast acquisition under stressed CC moment.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast