Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Best sights on a ccw glock 19, etc?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Ameriglo Operators on my 19 and have for several years now. Love them. They are fairly low profil, which I like a lot, and no white dots on back, just the tritium viles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have sets of the old 10-8 RB1s, Trijicon HD, Ameriglo Defoor and Ameriglo BOLD on various 9mm Glocks. Personally, I find I perfer the BOLD over everything else I have used over the years. Expect to see these sights really take off now that they will be an option on Gen 5 Glocks.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    New update for the Defoor sight for me....

I had the front pop off and lost it while shooting. Yes it was loctited and installed to proper torque.
    My brother had the same thing happen to him.

Inspecting, I think both our sights came with too short a screw for attachment. My screw almost looks like it sheared in half, but I don't know. I got a replacement from Ameriglo and installed a my second Defoor front with tritium globe but have since replaced it with the Ameriglo Agency front. It has the bright orange circle around the tritium vial all in a .125 width. Stock if you are reading this and didn't know since I didn't until I did the research, is .140". Defoor;s front with the tritium is .115". It was always really hard to pick up the front being a thin black blade and I had a tendency to shoot left as it torques to cant right when installed, so it needs some calipers for me to install.

I am a big fan of the Agency front and have the Defoor all black rear sight still installed. It's basically a Hackathorn setup I guess but with a much skinnier front.

Just thought I'd share my conclusion for whatever it's worth. I'm tired to hearing the argument "you don't need night sights it'll give your position away" which is Defoor's argument. I respect the guy and think he has good training and learned a lot, but it's just too hard to use that thing in a match or consistently when I switch my pistols. Trying to streamline my sights and have a similar setup on all of my handguns and it's working so far.

The moral of the story is, it takes a lot of rounds and practice to figure out what works for everyone. That Defoor blade is great for plugging at 25, but it gets tricky for me and how I shoot.

The end.

Feedback Score
    I've gone from tritium three dot to Big Dots to Ameriglo front tritium w/black rears and now I'm satisfied with a .120-.125 front with white paint and narrow to medium width black rears. (That's been the evolution over about 20 years)

If I might be out when it's dark I'll carry a @220 lumen light also.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-12-18 at 06:59.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    While I like the I-Dot Pros from Ameriglo, I've gone to the Agent sights they offer through Brownells - basically their version of Trijicon HD but much lower profile, height-wise.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    While I like the I-Dot Pros from Ameriglo, I've gone to the Agent sights they offer through Brownells - basically their version of Trijicon HD but much lower profile, height-wise.
    A lot less sharp too. I like Trijicon but their prices and rear profile of the HD's just kill it for me. I have Ameriglo sights on just about every gun I own and have no complaints.

Sights by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    I just put the Ameriglo agents on and think that it's gonna be a great setup. Same idea as the trijicon hds, but no sharp edges. Check them out.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's my biggest complaints on the HD's, more than price is that rear. Why it has to slant back instead of forward like the 10-8 and why they are unable to break the edges on that rear sight is beyond me. I mean what the heck, I could perform a C-Section with that thing!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    That's my biggest complaints on the HD's, more than price is that rear. Why it has to slant back instead of forward like the 10-8 and why they are unable to break the edges on that rear sight is beyond me. I mean what the heck, I could perform a C-Section with that thing!
    The XR's are more rounded for that very reason.

+1 for the Trijicon HD's or XR's as well. They are on all of my primary defensive handguns. The new Ameriglo's on the Gen 5 Glocks have a much darker orange ring than the HD's or XR's that to me was more difficult to pick up quickly. YMMV I am almost positive the Amerglo bold's are supposed to be much closer to the Trijicon's especially after looking at that picture MStarmer posted above.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I sliced the hell out of my hand during my last qual at work on the HD rear sight on my duty pistol. For the life of me I can't figure out why Trijicon leaves them so sharp.

I may have to give the Ameriglo Agents a try on my 19 and 43. I have Ameriglo Caps on them right now, but prefer the HDs I've had in the past.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast