Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I'm in the market for a very nice large frame AR and I'm considering these 2 rifles. Is the KAC worth the extra coin? I know people that own KACs love them... ideally I'd like to find someone that has both for an unbiased review. I've handled the DD and thought it was great - never seen a the KAC up close though.

Thanks,
    Eric

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Having owned both before, the Knights is a better rifle. However, that does come at a higher cost.
    The DD is a great rifle for the money, I didn't like the charging handle with the ball detent.

There may be a few rifles that I would pick before the DD M5 though.

If your budget allows, but the best you can,...ie the Knights
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm curious, what rifles would you pick before the DD? What attracted me to the DD & KAC was the +/- 8 pound weight, and over reputation for quality.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I went back to an LMT. Its a pig by the Knights standard but it works for me.
    As far as the DD......Aero Precision is producing a great gun for the money, a good bit cheaper than the DD.
    Like it said, if the DD had a standard charging handle I would like it more. That and the proprietary rail, those are turn offs for me
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You wouldn't happen to be in FL would you? My buddy just picked up a new 308AR and is selling his DD5. Don't know if he wants to mess with shipping/FFL stuff, but I know he's going to dump it. He's a cash kinda guy.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 04-13-17 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    nope, other end of the country (Minneapolis).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ah ok just as well I fired reached out to my pal and he sold it on Armslist the other day. Have fun searching....building new rifles is an awful lot of fun.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Ive never met someone who was disappointed with a new Knights SR-25. Ive meet plenty of folks who don't like other options for one reason or another. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-13-17 at 16:30.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no point of reference for a DD 308 but I have an SR-25 and it is a handy rifle and worth the money.

Feedback Score
    The DD isn't in the same class as the KAC offerings. The DD product is new for them, let's see how they develop that and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast