Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The LMT would be so much more competitive if it used a MLOK handguard instead of bolt on rail sections. Probably be lighter too. Same with the Colt 901 series.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Ive never met someone who was disappointed with a new Knights SR-25. Ive meet plenty of folks who don't like other options for one reason or another. Just something to think about.
    I have owned a KAC SR-25 EMC and EMR. They were very nice rifles, but at the time required current-manufacture ammo loaded to USGI specs. Surplus ammo was a no-go. Maybe that has changed with the newer revisions of the SR-25, or maybe surplus ammo is just irrelevant to the target market for these rifles.
    Last edited by caporider; 04-17-17 at 15:17.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    I would bet that most do not feed these with questionable surplus ammunition and expect results any better than what feeds it. There's a lot of surplus that doesn't run ok out of anything except out of a bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own the LMT and the DD5. I like both rifles and the Daniel Defense is light weight. The rail is nice and it's a style of keyhole upper. It is very accurate and like I said light weight. I've always thought about the KAC but it's hard to pull the trigger on 4 to 5K for a semi auto rifle, If I'm going to spend that I will go with a high end Bolt gun. Although I have a couple .556 KAC rifles and they are very nice, alot of neat features on the lowers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where do the new HK 417's (Civilian models) stack up? They seem to be finding some love at the D.O.D. these days.

A GAP-10, SP-10, or one of the piston based AR-10's might suit your needs though I can't speak to the wants.

I'm so-so on my LWRC but really like the PWS rifles. For a $900 rifle, the DPMS GII compact hunter has been a good one for me and yes, it is in a different class from the rifles mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

While KAC SR-25's are good rifles, I don't see the cost being justified when compared to the many alternatives.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ended up building another rifle starting with a few parts I had on hand. The only part I'm not thrilled about my barrel (rainier ultramatch). Thanks again for the feedback in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123