Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I'm in the market for a very nice large frame AR and I'm considering these 2 rifles. Is the KAC worth the extra coin? I know people that own KACs love them... ideally I'd like to find someone that has both for an unbiased review. I've handled the DD and thought it was great - never seen a the KAC up close though.

Thanks,
    Eric

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Having owned both before, the Knights is a better rifle. However, that does come at a higher cost.
    The DD is a great rifle for the money, I didn't like the charging handle with the ball detent.

There may be a few rifles that I would pick before the DD M5 though.

If your budget allows, but the best you can,...ie the Knights
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm curious, what rifles would you pick before the DD? What attracted me to the DD & KAC was the +/- 8 pound weight, and over reputation for quality.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I went back to an LMT. Its a pig by the Knights standard but it works for me.
    As far as the DD......Aero Precision is producing a great gun for the money, a good bit cheaper than the DD.
    Like it said, if the DD had a standard charging handle I would like it more. That and the proprietary rail, those are turn offs for me
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You wouldn't happen to be in FL would you? My buddy just picked up a new 308AR and is selling his DD5. Don't know if he wants to mess with shipping/FFL stuff, but I know he's going to dump it. He's a cash kinda guy.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 04-13-17 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    nope, other end of the country (Minneapolis).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigeek37 View Post
    I'm curious, what rifles would you pick before the DD? What attracted me to the DD & KAC was the +/- 8 pound weight, and over reputation for quality.
    SCAR 17

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scar17 is another choice but money wise it's about the same as the kac the way I'd want a scar setup.
    Rifle: 3000
    Extended rail: 300
    Trigger: 300
    10 to 15 mags: 400 (i already own 40+ sr25 patterned mags)
    And I'd be tempted to replace the stock. I had a 16 years ago and didn't love that part of the rifle.
    By my math I'd be $4k+ which is kac money
    I can spend 4K, I just want to make sure I want to.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If your concern is not being able to swap a barrel then then you for sure aren't going to be able to swap barrels on the Knights.

Sounds like you just need to buy a LMT and have spend a few hundred bucks to have it reprofilled or ball mill dimpled. They are 2700 bucks for the slick side rifle and they also do make LW 16 inch barrel now. I don't know that availability. But for 150 bucks plus 50 in refinishishing, you can take that extra weight off the LMT barrel and be where you want it. For all under 3k.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no point of reference for a DD 308 but I have an SR-25 and it is a handy rifle and worth the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast