Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC SR25 vs DD DD5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking closer at the DD5 there are a lot of things that I like, but something that scares me. The lack of a barrel nut/4 bolt rail mounting setup could be trouble if you wanted to do a barrel swap. as I understand it, there is no way to change barrels right now unless you buy from Daniel Defense... am I wrong? I've also been looking at the Seekins SP10. I'm not in love with the rail, but it looks like that could be swapped out for just about anything else. I've got more homework to do.

I've pretty much ruled out JP, LWCI, and LMT because of weight. I'm certain they all make excellent rifles, but I'd like to keep the weight of this rifle at +/- 8.5 lbs with a 16" barrel.
    I could always build off of a Mega set, but of the ARs I own, I've built all but 1 so I kinda feel like I've already done that...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigeek37 View Post
    I'm curious, what rifles would you pick before the DD? What attracted me to the DD & KAC was the +/- 8 pound weight, and over reputation for quality.
    SCAR 17

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scar17 is another choice but money wise it's about the same as the kac the way I'd want a scar setup.
    Rifle: 3000
    Extended rail: 300
    Trigger: 300
    10 to 15 mags: 400 (i already own 40+ sr25 patterned mags)
    And I'd be tempted to replace the stock. I had a 16 years ago and didn't love that part of the rifle.
    By my math I'd be $4k+ which is kac money
    I can spend 4K, I just want to make sure I want to.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If your concern is not being able to swap a barrel then then you for sure aren't going to be able to swap barrels on the Knights.

Sounds like you just need to buy a LMT and have spend a few hundred bucks to have it reprofilled or ball mill dimpled. They are 2700 bucks for the slick side rifle and they also do make LW 16 inch barrel now. I don't know that availability. But for 150 bucks plus 50 in refinishishing, you can take that extra weight off the LMT barrel and be where you want it. For all under 3k.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've pretty much ruled out the DD. I spent some time yesterday handling one and between the unique charging handle and hand guard mounting system I think it's just not for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There's also the Larue 7.62 Predatar. The 16" is 7.75# unloaded with no sights. Ours is reliable unsuppressed and suppressed with a SiCo Omega. Ours shoots heavier bullets better. 168gr FGMM and Hornady factory 168gr Amax didn't shoot that well but Southwest Ammo 175gr SMK did. Our handloads with 178gr Hornady BTHP bullets shoots a little over 1/2 MOA 5-shot groups (with 42.9gr Varget it chronies at 2447 fps). I'm really happy with it. One thing that you might not like however is that Pmags don't drop free but the Larue mag it came with does.
    Last edited by californiasushi; 04-15-17 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    I won't be trying that base again anytime soon. Bought once got burned, bought another after a few more years of development, burned again. I'd rather run a system that runs than trying to pamper ones that won't. After corresponding with others, my cases are more common than what they need to be, there are issues that need to be worked out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I won't be trying that base again anytime soon. Bought once got burned, bought another after a few more years of development, burned again. I'd rather run a system that runs than trying to pamper ones that won't. After corresponding with others, my cases are more common than what they need to be, there are issues that need to be worked out.
    Is this in reference to the Larue rifle? If so, I hadn't heard that they were problematic.

I still wouldn't buy one.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have SR25s and now I want a LMT. I want more SR25s of course but they are overpriced, but I still want them.
    I think in 12 months you will see some nice used or NIB SR25s priced well on the secondary markets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Is this in reference to the Larue rifle? If so, I hadn't heard that they were problematic.

I still wouldn't buy one.
    Yes it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast