Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone run a AWP / USO UMQDS scope mount?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Yes, I fully realized when I made my post that did not add squat to the OP's request for information. (an apparent habit of mine) But I think it turned out ok, because in the end the OP got some good intel on the mount in question. Even from the beyond.

It is interesting that the mount sells on Eurooptic's website with a different model number, so like you said it's manufactured for USO rather than BY USO. It's also $40.00 less, but on backorder. I did try to see if you could get the rings separately, like I did for my LT-104, even though that would make it even more expensive, but I did not see where you could even do that. The good news is that you aren't Australian and have a burr in your saddle for this mount. Because you'd pay over $530 bucks for it. That's probably gun-ban pricing.

One user from TOS did say that was the toughest mount he'd ever seen - but he was selling it. It was not under the USO model number, but under Eurooptics. There's not a lot out there under that model number either.

Then I found what appeared to be a similar mount by the SigTac arm of Sig Sauer. It priced for $470.79 on Amazon. Some searched showed low $300's but I didn't see the 0 MOA at that price. Maybe Sig doesn't have a 0 MOA one. The one review from Amazon which is to be taken with a grain of salt was very positive. The guy indicated (with pics) that he has it on his SR-25, his OBR 762, and his rather expensive GA Precision .260.

I couldn't find anything on AWP.
    The ONLY thing I found on AWP was some guy on a forum saying "I know the guy, but forgot his name, but it's a hush-hush little company that does contract-driven products..." I dunno.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The ONLY thing I found on AWP was some guy on a forum saying "I know the guy, but forgot his name, but it's a hush-hush little company that does contract-driven products..." I dunno.
    Could be that larger companies win a contract and sub the work out to the mysterious AWP. Saw a lot of that back when I was neck deep in gov't contracting. Seems to be quite a bit of that with the AR platform.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Could be that larger companies win a contract and sub the work out to the mysterious AWP. Saw a lot of that back when I was neck deep in gov't contracting. Seems to be quite a bit of that with the AR platform.
    I have no idea. The fact that it seems the mounts are sterile seems to suggest it.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    So I said screw it after doing some research and picked one up to give a go. Going to put a Accupower 1-8 on it on a MWS. The other barrel I have is a 13.5 with a MAMS that getting a M4s. So would go back and forth between those. It looks to be very well made. It weights 11 oz. (1 oz less then the bobro and 2.5 more then the ADM.) It has Serialized ring sets. QD levels are solid and have good feel. The external allen bolts actually lock down the lever adjustment screws so those would never move after its all adjusted. The lever system is kind of like the ADM mounts but beefier. Rounded levers that gradually increase pressure until fully seated. Springs just like the ADM on the clamping area that push back away from the rail after the lever is disengaged. You can not close or open the levers without pressing down on the plunger. Doesn't bother me. On the 10:30 12, and 1:30 o clock there are mounting slots and holes for an RMR or other RDS. On both sets on ring caps. Mounts are 25 bucks so that is really cheap if your wanting to slap on a RMR. Time will tell if its quality or not. This rifle is just a redundant of a few 308 gas guns, so I will have to put it through its paces before I can say its good to go or not. This mount looks to be VERY well made from a machining standpoint / engineering. This is just a table top/first impressions look at it. I have no plans to get any more as I don't think this "deal" will come up again that I got on it. If it does not preform to what I'm accustom to with other offerings, it will go into the parts bin. Simple as that. Had to just give it a go for myself, or I would most likely never found out. Pictures below..

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-30-17 at 13:50.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It does look pretty stout J. IT sounds like it's machined well. I sure wish we could get a better read on the manufacturer. I saw a post of a guy selling the Eurooptic version for $235 I think. I'd probably pay that. After of course you put it through the paces. lol Great pictures by the way. You obviously are not using an iPhone. Or at least not my iPhone.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It does look pretty stout J. IT sounds like it's machined well. I sure wish we could get a better read on the manufacturer. I saw a post of a guy selling the Eurooptic version for $235 I think. I'd probably pay that. After of course you put it through the paces. lol Great pictures by the way. You obviously are not using an iPhone. Or at least not my iPhone.
    I just want those hardwood floors in my house. Their gorgeous.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Anyone run a USO UMQDS scope mount?

Think you'll have some feedback this weekend o' brother?
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-19-17 at 11:19.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Ok, I'll take the kitchen table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Do the rings actually bolt to the base? Or is it all one piece?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Ok, I'll take the kitchen table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know, there is a price for everything, and we can make it happen lol.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast