Thread: RDIAS Spring Question

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

RDIAS Spring Question

I'm trying to figure out which click pen spring to use in my RDIAS, the longer spring with wider turns or the shorter spring with narrower turns? Is the correct spring length .600, and do I need to leave the multiple wound end on or cut it off and then measure to length?

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of my friends is a FFL/SOT in NC and has been messing with DIAS for the past 20 yrs. I asked him and his response was:

"Definitely the shorter stronger spring as long as it fully collapses into the trip & body without kinking it is not too long.. if needs cutting cut on the end that goes into the body

Most of the ones I've seen do not use ink pen springs, but rather a slightly smaller diameter spring.. I buy a small spring assortment from brownells and they have several different strengths n coil rates."

He said he would look into the springs he buys from Brownells. I will update once he sends me this info.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT