Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Days: new film about Iranian Embassy Siege

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    According to The Google this movie will hit U.S. theaters August 18th.
    Right around the same time that kim jong un's missiles will hit the water around Guam (he claimed).

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    According to The Google this movie will hit U.S. theaters August 18th.
    Thanks for the heads up, hopefully it won't be a limited release.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Just bought it on iTunes for an upcoming trip
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Saw this. Dropped my phone. Bought it on Apple TV and risked the wrath of the wife and stayed up late watching it on the bedroom TV. Now I'm writing this...

Taut, captivating, informative, very British. If you are a Prince's Gate, SAS, or Final Option fan you have no choice. I am not an 80s gear whore but everything looked good to me and the guns seemed correct. Tactics and all the SAS detail lead-up were engrossing as well.

I'm more Final Option than historical scholar but the overall story held me tight and not screaming at the TV. That is a rare event for an action movie and even pseudo documentary like this.

Will re-watch tomorrow night in surround sound on a 75" instead of 65" TV and headphones :-)

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-22-17 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

I was able to find it at a cinema one town over. Had a private viewing as I went by myself after tucking in the fam and no one was there!

What a nail biter! Had me on the edge of my seat from the beginning as it starts out right at kick-off. No back stories, romance bullshit, just straight to the fireworks.

I think most of you know how Operation Nimrod ended so it won't be much of a spoiler how the film ends lol.

For fans of Tora! Tora! Tora! this film's style reminded me of it. They would introduce locations and people with a subtitle on the bottom of the screen very easy to follow the chain of events that way and know who is who with all the twists and turns.

A few things that I learned:

1. The Special Projects Team had to drive 140 miles from barracks in Hereford to Princes' Gates in London after the call went out. Hard to believe that in 1980 the premiere CT unit in the UK had to drive that distance instead of taking a helo(s) to what would become one of their biggest operations.
    2. When the SPT assaulters kitted up they each carried on their belts just forward of their Hi Powers on their strong sides what appeared to be Tomahawks. As the film unfolded the long wood handle implements appeared to actually be miniature sledge hammers. So instead of just having a breacher with a maul assigned to each element everyone carried a hammer so they could handle obstructions on the individual level.
    3. While the Iranian ethnic Arab minority terror cell stormed the embassy it was an Iraqi national who smuggled into the country via diplomatic pouches the small arms and explosives they would use.

ETA:

The politics were highlighted in this film as they should have been. I walked away with even more respect for the Iron Lady.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-22-17 at 05:50.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    short but good and to the point

loved the audio in this one to well done

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Watched last night. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Even though I knew the ending it was still "exciting" to watch. I can see why this wouldn't do well in theaters. No character development, no love interests, no sex just straight to the point.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I can't find this movie in theaters near me

Is it available on netflix? or dvd for purchase?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Sam, I believe this had a soft limited release in theaters here.

Not sure as to streaming availability.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

You can buy it on iTunes or Google Play Movies, $6.99.....

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast