Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4Xi vs T5Xi 1-5x

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Steiner P4Xi vs T5Xi 1-5x

Looking for anyone who has experience with both the Steiner P4Xi and the T5Xi 1-5x. I have the P4Xi and really like the reticle. With the T5Xi 1-5x having a similar reticle, I'm curious if the glass significantly better than the P4Xi, especially considering the 1-5x more than twice the price. Thanks!
    Last edited by Korgs130; 04-14-17 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also have a P4xi that I have been very happy with. I don't have a T5xi 1-5, nor do I have any first hand experience with them. But in reading around when I was picking up my P4xi, there seems to be a lot of complaints about the T-line not being up to snuff. People saying the glass is not on par with the price, many having canted reticles out the box. It was suppose to be a nice midpoint between the P line and the M line (which is very nice, but pricey) but it doesn't seem like it really fit in like they thought it would. Just my thoughts, I would look at the new Vortex PST gen 2 1-6. At only 700, it is still about half the price of the T5xi and has been getting a ton of praise for its quality. And the reticle is not a huge deviation from the T5xi reticle.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    I also have a P4xi that I have been very happy with. I don't have a T5xi 1-5, nor do I have any first hand experience with them. But in reading around when I was picking up my P4xi, there seems to be a lot of complaints about the T-line not being up to snuff. People saying the glass is not on par with the price, many having canted reticles out the box. It was suppose to be a nice midpoint between the P line and the M line (which is very nice, but pricey) but it doesn't seem like it really fit in like they thought it would. Just my thoughts, I would look at the new Vortex PST gen 2 1-6. At only 700, it is still about half the price of the T5xi and has been getting a ton of praise for its quality. And the reticle is not a huge deviation from the T5xi reticle.
    I hear ya. Seems like we're read some of the same threads. I was seriously considering the Vortex PST Viper Gen II 1-6 (I have other Vortex optics that I'm a fan of), but read several reviews of the illumination going tango uniform. So I'm not in a rush to go that route. I've ruled out the Razor 1-6 due to it's weight. Great optic, just a little to heavy for what I'm looking for.

While I've read reviews on TOS and the Hide of issues with the T line in general, I haven't found any complaints that were specific to the 1-5, they were all regarding the FFP T series.

Feedback Score
    OP

Have you looked at the Burris XTR II line, they have their 1-5, a 1.5-8 and a 1-8 that are reported to have excellant glass and daylight bright reticles with the new M.A.D. turrets. If you don't mind exposed turrets you can find the older 1-5s on sale for around $500-$600. The reticles come in Mil and 5.56 BDC.
    [SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11BLT View Post
    OP

Have you looked at the Burris XTR II line, they have their 1-5, a 1.5-8 and a 1-8 that are reported to have excellant glass and daylight bright reticles with the new M.A.D. turrets. If you don't mind exposed turrets you can find the older 1-5s on sale for around $500-$600. The reticles come in Mil and 5.56 BDC.
    I have looked at the Burris, but the horse shoe type reticle isn't what I'm after. I really like the single dot illumination on the Steiner.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Steiner P4Xi vs T5Xi 1-5x

Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Looking for anyone who has experience with both the Steiner P4Xi and the T5Xi 1-5x. I have the P4Xi and really like the reticle. With the T5Xi 1-5x having a similar reticle, I'm curious if the glass significantly better than the P4Xi, especially considering the 1-5x more than twice the price. Thanks!
    I emailed Steiner with my question. FWIW, here is their response:

The T5Xi uses a slightly higher grade of glass and the turrets are a little more intricate. To be honest, I think the P4 is equal or better, at a more competitive price.

Thank You,

Burris Technical Support

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Steiner T5xi mounted on a Bobro QD mount. Its a great scope and the glass is clearer than any scope I've owned. It's not a true 1X in my opinion. When I look through the scope my support hand is appears closer than when not looking through the optic. Is it worth the extra 5-600 bucks, that a personal decision. I mounted it on a Larue PredatAR 556 and it works well together. I have yet to stretch its legs out, furthest I've shot it was out to 100 yrds. When I took it to the range I had to borrow a pair of pliers to get the turret caps off they were so tight.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Over the past few weeks, I have been looking at the specs on the P4Xi 1-4X, T5Xi 1-5X and the M5Xi 1-5X. The specs and reticles are very similar. With the except of the Tactical and Military versions having a 1X advantage, better turrets, lens covers and using a 2450 battery there isn't much difference. I'm sure there is a difference in glass but enough to pay all the extra money. I'm just not seeing it. The reviews on the P4Xi are all great and the 2032 battery is a plus. Everyone seems to like it. With a BDC reticle I'm not sure that the turrets are worth the cost. It's a set and forget scope to me.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BG94591 View Post
    I have a Steiner T5xi mounted on a Bobro QD mount. Its a great scope and the glass is clearer than any scope I've owned. It's not a true 1X in my opinion. When I look through the scope my support hand is appears closer than when not looking through the optic. Is it worth the extra 5-600 bucks, that a personal decision. I mounted it on a Larue PredatAR 556 and it works well together. I have yet to stretch its legs out, furthest I've shot it was out to 100 yrds. When I took it to the range I had to borrow a pair of pliers to get the turret caps off they were so tight.
    Have you adjusted your diopter on back of the rear objective? This allows you to get essentially to true unity power. Keep in mind it will be dependent upon the distance at which you are looking. Set it for, say 10 ft and then look at something at 5 ft and it will be slightly off.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    After researching the differences between the P4Xi and the T5Xi for far too long. I finally decided on the T5Xi 1-5X. The deciding factor was the price, better turrents and the Rapid Dot reticle. There was a promotion at Optics Planet and I jumped on the last scope they had with the 7.62 Rapid Dot. This scope will go on my Steyr Scout. The previous Leupold Patrol 3-9x worked great but I wanted a lower powered scope. This is a general purpose ranch rifle/hunting rifle for me and a lower magnification optic with better glass, will work better during crepuscular hours. I'm switching my AUG over to Steiner optics too. Either the P4Xi or the new R1X red dot. If I go with the P4Xi, expect a side by side comparison.

The P4Xi is a great deal at less than $500 but my chance to get the T5Xi with a $150 Action Camera was to good to pass on.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast