Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4Xi vs T5Xi 1-5x

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Steiner P4Xi vs T5Xi 1-5x

Quote Originally Posted by BG94591 View Post
    I have a Steiner T5xi mounted on a Bobro QD mount. Its a great scope and the glass is clearer than any scope I've owned.
    BG, what scopes are you comparing the T5xi glass to? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    BG, what scopes are you comparing the T5xi glass to? Thanks!
    Actually the only scopes I've owned are Leupold VXII and Vortex 4X16 LR.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I took my Larue out yesterday with the Steiner on it. I was going to let my buddy from the gun shop shoot it. I handed him the rifle, when he looked through it he said your scope is broke. I took the rifle and sure enough the internal glass was shattered. Interestingly enough, the optic still worked. I had the scope in a 1 piece extended Bobro mount. I contacted Steiner and they said to send it back and they'd take care of it, got to give them credit for solid customer service.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My Steiner T5Xi with the 7.62 Rapid Dot reticle was mounted on my Steyr Scout .308 with Burris high rings today. The bolt just clears the throw lever, which is mounted at 2.5X. Just a short turn each direction gives me either 1X or 5X. I haven't test fired or sighted in the rifle yet but so far, I am very pleased with everything. More when I do.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 05-12-17 at 21:06. Reason: clarity
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    So I got my Steiner T5Xi back from Steiner about a month ago after they fixed the optic. Today was the first time that I was able to get out and send some rounds down range with it. I zero'd it with 77 grain CBC ammo and then shot some 75 grain Gold Dots and 75 grain Hornady ammo. After I fired roughly 80 rounds through it, I loaded another mag and looked through the scope and there was a thick black line just above the cross hairs. Every time I fired a round the black line shifted. I attempted to adjust the diopter an the rear eye piece and the black line would move with the adjustment. I have never dropped the rifle I was at a public range shooting from a bench and I carry the rifle in a Pelican case. I am very disappointed in the quality of the optic and going to attempt to get my money back and buy an optic from another brand. If I have time I will attempt to post a picture of the line in the optic.

I hope everyone that has these optics have better luck than I did. I will never buy another Steiner product again.

Feedback Score
    I sold an Accupower and bought the P4Xi, I am very pleased with it, daylight bright and a less cluttered reticle (IMHO). I would not think that the P4Xi and the T5Xi would be in the same league?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I sold an Accupower and bought the P4Xi, I am very pleased with it, daylight bright and a less cluttered reticle (IMHO). I would not think that the P4Xi and the T5Xi would be in the same league?
    I emailed Steiner and asked them, "Aside from the increased magnification, how is the TX5i superior to the P4Xi?" Here is their reply:

The T5Xi uses a slightly higher grade of glass and the turrets are a little more intricate. To be honest, I think the P4 is equal or better, at a more competitive price.

Thank You,

Burris Technical Support

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Burris technical support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Burris technical support?

Burris through the Beretta Group owns Steiner.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Burris through the Beretta Group owns Steiner.
    Did not know any part of that. Either way, I just got a P4xi yesterday and it is much nicer than I expected from a scope in that price range.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast