Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: DI or Piston?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had good experiences with the Ruger SR-556.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-A-Photo-Essay
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Piston for me. I gave up on DI a long time ago. I own 3 piston ARs(2 PWS and an LWRC) and have not seen any of the cons that is often brought up. Looks like the Mil is going piston. I predict the M27/416 will be the nail in the coffin for DI within a few years.

All this talk about piston being propriety is over rated. If a piston manufacturer goes belly up who cares, just slap on another upper and rock on. Better yet, but buy the next latest and greatest piston upper. If SHTF happens you won't be shooting thousands of rounds for parts to break, you'll probably be dead long before that happens.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Piston for me. I gave up on DI a long time ago. I own 3 piston ARs(2 PWS and an LWRC) and have not seen any of the cons that is often brought up. Looks like the Mil is going piston. I predict the M27/416 will be the nail in the coffin for DI within a few years.

All this talk about piston being propriety is over rated. If a piston manufacturer goes belly up who cares, just slap on another upper and rock on. Better yet, but buy the next latest and greatest piston upper. If SHTF happens you won't be shooting thousands of rounds for parts to break, you'll probably be dead long before that happens.
    I got a good laugh out of this post. I don't know if you're serious or just trolling.
    Do you think the majority of people had rather pay a premium for PWS, LWRC or HK and have to ship the gun back and/or buy expensive parts if something breaks when you can pick up spare DI parts at most any LGS?

Or just scrap their vaporware upper and hop on down to the LGS and buy another upper to slap on?

What if HK gets a mil contract for the M27 so do you think parts are going to be plentiful and cheap in a few years?

Don't get me wrong, I like HK, the 416 and a lot of their other products but if you think the M27 is going to put all of these DI AR manufacturers out of business I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited by Waylander; 05-17-17 at 06:49.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Looks like the Mil is going piston.
    No.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I got a good laugh out of this post. I don't know if you're serious or just trolling.
    Do you think the majority of people had rather pay a premium for PWS, LWRC or HK and have to ship the gun back and/or buy expensive parts if something breaks when you can pick up spare DI parts at most any LGS?

Or just scrap their vaporware upper and hop on down to the LGS and buy another upper to slap on?

What if HK gets a mil contract for the M27 so do you think parts are going to be plentiful and cheap in a few years?

Don't get me wrong, I like HK, the 416 and a lot of their other products but if you think the M27 is going to put all of these DI AR manufacturers out of business I have a bridge to sell you.

Why do you assume he is trolling? Because he has a different opinion than you. You know what they say when you ASSume.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bermise View Post
    Why do you assume he is trolling? Because he has a different opinion than you. You know what they say when you ASSume.
    If you had READ what he wrote, it said he didn't know IF he was SERIOUS, or TROLLING. What Ridgeline wrote about piston vs. DI was way off and totally disconnected from reality.

Feedback Score
    As long as a KAC SR-15 Mod 2 in M-Lok weighs 6.6 Lbs, and the H&K MR556A1 weighs 8.6 Lbs/MR556Competition weighs 8.8 Lbs, I'll stick with the KAC.

Two pounds is a lot, and those are the KAC/H&K numbers.

Feedback Score
    The above example is one of many reasons to stick with DI. It's not just total weight, but location of that difference in weight. Using the barrel for support to counter the action forces at the gas block doesn't ring in as a better solution overall.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    As long as a KAC SR-15 Mod 2 in M-Lok weighs 6.6 Lbs, and the H&K MR556A1 weighs 8.6 Lbs/MR556Competition weighs 8.8 Lbs, I'll stick with the KAC.

Two pounds is a lot, and those are the KAC/H&K numbers.
    Ruger's SR556TD has a listed weight of 7.1 pounds. There are plenty of DI guns with a similar weight.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast