Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Is the Vortex Razor a 1-8? No, it isn't

When it is, the your comparison would be valid.

It should be apparent that optics in the 1-8 ranger are newer to the market and in general, the newer classes of optics are (1) more expensive and (2) take some time to mature as a class.

1-4s used to be new, now they aren't. Then 1-6s. Now 1-8s.

ETA, additional differences between the Razor 1-6 and Trijicon 1-8 are SFP vs FFP, Capped vs uncapped turrets.

Or maybe all those differences (including magnification) shouldn't have any impact on pricing, etc.
    Well, the Burris FFP and SFP cost about the same, right?

The S&B 1-4 and 1-8 cost similar from S&B, even today, no?

Pricing is kindof BS, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Well I guess alll scopes should cost the same in your world. Enjoy, thank you come again.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Well I guess alll scopes should cost the same in your world. Enjoy, thank you come again.

Some things cost, and some don't. Going .mil employee pricing for a MK6 is hovering at $1400ish currently, for example. MSRP is $2800. Street-price is $1750. So what's in a price-tag?

Sometimes a LOT...somethings...you tell me?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Some things cost, and some don't. Going .mil employee pricing for a MK6 is hovering at $1400ish currently, for example. MSRP is $2800. Street-price is $1750. So what's in a price-tag?

Sometimes a LOT...somethings...you tell me?
    That is a great price for such a quality scope!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    That is a great price for such a quality scope!
    Yes, which is why I am not really sure how much price matters with these things. Like the K16i? It dropped $300 overnight. Why? I doubt it's made any different.

Feedback Score
    Yes, which is why I am not really sure how much price matters with these things. Like the K16i? It dropped $300 overnight. Why? I doubt it's made any different.
    I thought they were dropping because of the manufactures upcoming (possible) 1-8 offerings?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I thought they were dropping because of the manufactures upcoming (possible) 1-8 offerings?
    That is kindof my point. Quality is not what's setting the price (within reason). The Razor HD II 1-6 is very quality, yet retails for the same as the 1-8 Trijicon on the street, typically.

Feedback Score
    So I ran the 1-8 again in a match this Sunday and it still is daylight bright the center crosshair that some people whine about was still fine enough to make hits on a plate rack at 100 yds. I'll be shooting another match with it on Sunday the 2nd where we'll be pushing out to distance.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    So I ran the 1-8 again in a match this Sunday and it still is daylight bright the center crosshair that some people whine about was still fine enough to make hits on a plate rack at 100 yds. I'll be shooting another match with it on Sunday the 2nd where we'll be pushing out to distance.
    Solid! I read the cross is only 0.75" or so wide. Should be plenty "fine" enough. It will cover a dinner plate at 1000 yards...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You might benefit from a good economics / business class.

Seriously.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast