Thread: Burris XTR II 1-8x

Feedback Score

Burris XTR II 1-8x

Anyone using one of these? I'm trying to decide between this scope and the Vortex Gen II PST 1-6x. Which one is a better quality scope? I'm looking to mount it on a .308 rifle for short/med range use. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. At this time I'm only considering Vortex and Burris as they both have lifetime warranties on their scope electronics which nobody else seems to offer.

Also, can anyone with either of the 2 available reticles for the XTR post a couple of pics at 1x and 8x side by side?
    I'm trying to decide which reticle I like better.
    Thanks,
    -Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have the XTR II in a 5-25. Though I can't comment on the SPECIFIC model you are asking about... the general quality of the XTR II line is a huge value for the price.

I was looking at the Vortex Viper at the time as well. The Burris glass just seemed a little 'crisper' to me at the time, FWIW.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've used the 5-25 XTR II also and it's pretty decent, especially at the 5x end where it is super sharp. Based on my use of the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24, I think the 1-6.5 could worth a look if you can find one locally to ogle. Had the opportunity to check out the 1-6 PST at SHOT and I was impressed with the clarity of the glass. Seemed like an improvement over the 1-4 based on that brief interaction. Not sure there is a bad decision to be made from your choices but others may chime in on that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm currently have the xtr 2 1-8 second focal plain model. Glass is clear with just a hint of magnification under 15 feet. You have the option of exposed or capped elevation, daylight bright dot, and it's made in Japan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm shooting the XTR 1-8 FFP on my DD .308. Set up as a DMR type rifle. I have nothing but positive things to say. I'm shooting the bullet drop reticle. I can say I've taken it out to 600 yds with the BDC reticle being very true shooting Federal GMM 168. Glass is very clean, very crisp. Illumination on mine isn't AS bright as the SFP models. That's not the scope's fault, that's just the issue with illuminating a FFP vs a SFP. Great scope for the application I'm using it for. Compares very well against the Bushnell 1-8. I T&E'd both scopes next to one another, and either is super. I just got a better price on the Burris.

Also shoot a Burris 1-5 XTR in 3 gun. So far, it's the cat's a$$. I like the SFP on a 1-4 to 1-6 range. The illumination on the 1-5 is VERY good. Like Aimpoint good.

Burris has some winners in the 1-5 and 1-8 game.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all. I appreciate the inputs. Keep them coming while I try to make up my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    MidwayUSA currently has the FFP circle dot version of this scope on clearance for $713, FYI.