Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
It is heavier, I had my TR24 on my carbine before running 2 matches with the 1-8 and picking the gun up I notice it, but when I'm running around and gunning in a match I honestly don't notice a difference. The MK6 is lighter no doubt, my buddy did weigh his down with the LaRue mount and the throw lever but in my book the reticle and forgiving eyebox of the 1-8 accupower makeup for the weight difference. I want to like the MK6 but the busy reticle and the flicker bother me.

These are all very awesome and valid points, and I can't wait to check out your video review.
My question is now, is there a place for a 1-8x in 3-gun? I've just started shooting matches, and I used an MRO since it was all I had at the time, so I'm still learning how to shoot and move with non-issue gear.
I love the razor and 1-6x seems like the perfect formula for shooting those matches that reach out to the unknown distance ranges with 350-500 yds, but for the weight is it worth having more magnification? I'm honestly just curious. It makes sense to me, but I guess it just comes down to what application you want for your particular shooting problem of weapon+scope+match or hunt, etc.
I understand what you're saying about the Mk6, I think that application is more military/LE use and that is a crowded reticle for shooting on the move but I love that thing.