Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    word, I see some glare, not a purple fringe but I'll take your word for it.
    Then your monitor has issues. I'm not trying to be rude, but there is a lot of purple in that photo, objectively. I saw it in person too. It's not a problem, it is a bit annoying to a purist though.

Feedback Score
    Probably, my laptop is from 2012. Is what is man, I like my Trijicon stuff and I do appreciate Leupold stuff. I love the MARK Ar mod 1.5-4, I think for the money it's one of the top value scopes, Leupold has solid glass and I have some Luepold stuff, I like the MK4 for distance, but for my AR's I like Trijicon. Their reticles catch my eye better. Optics are like triggers man, you may love flat faced two stage triggers while I prefer flat faced to be single stage. Both of us have our preferences and have pointed out things we find less than ideal in each others preferred scopes. I'll never trash Leupold they make good stuff.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Probably, my laptop is from 2012. Is what is man, I like my Trijicon stuff and I do appreciate Leupold stuff. I love the MARK Ar mod 1.5-4, I think for the money it's one of the top value scopes, Leupold has solid glass and I have some Luepold stuff, I like the MK4 for distance, but for my AR's I like Trijicon. Their reticles catch my eye better. Optics are like triggers man, you may love flat faced two stage triggers while I prefer flat faced to be single stage. Both of us have our preferences and have pointed out things we find less than ideal in each others preferred scopes. I'll never trash Leupold they make good stuff.
    I liked the 1-8 trijicon, I just want to know more about it before I buy, if I go with it.

Feedback Score
    Anything I find with the 1-8 I'll post in here, I run it at least once a month in a match, so far I'm super happy with it. Is it a scope I'd use for work, that's something that will be determined after prolonged use, is it a scope that has a place in 3gun? Absolutely! Is it a good option for a general purpose AR? I think so. I think it's worth the money, like every scope it has it's faults. There are some things that i really don't give a shit about like one guy either on here or ar15.com was talking about the reticle being possibly seen at night through the front of the scope, I don't know I haven't tested that or really thought of it. If I'm really that concerned about it and I'm doing some top speed stealth ninja direct action stuff at night I'm probably rolling with some PVS31's and a LA5 on my rifle and probably don't even need to have the illumination on because I would be using an IR laser at night.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    WS6, just get a CQBSS H27D until the NF comes out and you don't need to worry about all of this.. When your actually running the rifle on 1.1x it's not anything that hinders performance even at 10m. I have yet to see any measurable performance loss. And the illumination is the same as the TMRD MK6. Sure it's not true, true 1x like the Mk6 or Razor, or a handful of others. You gain the precision on the higher end as the reticles allows for it. I am considering another for my 12.5.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For anyone interested, here are some specs on the Leupold Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm CQBSS. How tight is the eyebox on this scope on the top and bottom ? Also if Nightforce were to come out with a 1-6 or 1-8x LPV, what would be any better on it than the Leupold, other than the cost and probably less weight ? Also IMHO, the weight of a scope can, but does not always necessarily equal its strength or weakness.

Length (A) 11.75 in
    Tube Length (B) 6.6 in
    Tube Diameter (I) 34 mm
    Actual Magnification 8.0 (1.1)
    ** FOV @ 100 yds (ft) 14.7 (92.0) **
    Eye Relief (in) 3.3 (3.7
    ** Weight 23.2 oz / 657 g **
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-25-17 at 00:25.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Let's be realistic. The Accupower 1-8 is a mid-tier optic in the $1200-1500 range. The Leupold and (future) NF offerings in that power range are a cut above, and you will pay for that accordingly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Let's be realistic. The Accupower 1-8 is a mid-tier optic in the $1200-1500 range. The Leupold and (future) NF offerings in that power range are a cut above, and you will pay for that accordingly.
    So is the Razor HD II 1-6 also a mid-tier optic? If so, it seems to have done fine.

I asked Trijicon about the price. I was told the margins on this optic were much narrower than typical and it was created as a "loss leader". Lies? Truth? I cannot say, but that is what the Trijicon rep I spoke with on the phone said. Maybe a dealer on here can vouch for MAP vs. what they paid making that statement likely, or BS?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    So is the Razor HD II 1-6 also a mid-tier optic? If so, it seems to have done fine.

I asked Trijicon about the price. I was told the margins on this optic were much narrower than typical and it was created as a "loss leader". Lies? Truth? I cannot say, but that is what the Trijicon rep I spoke with on the phone said. Maybe a dealer on here can vouch for MAP vs. what they paid making that statement likely, or BS?
    Maybe Trijicon's margins are slimmer? As far as dealer to MAP, it's about the same % as the various ACOG models around the same price range.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post

Is the Vortex Razor a 1-8? No, it isn't

When it is, the your comparison would be valid.

It should be apparent that optics in the 1-8 ranger are newer to the market and in general, the newer classes of optics are (1) more expensive and (2) take some time to mature as a class.

1-4s used to be new, now they aren't. Then 1-6s. Now 1-8s.

ETA, additional differences between the Razor 1-6 and Trijicon 1-8 are SFP vs FFP, Capped vs uncapped turrets.

Or maybe all those differences (including magnification) shouldn't have any impact on pricing, etc.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 06-25-17 at 13:36.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast