Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

Feedback Score
    I got a buddy with a mk6 and I'll do side by side when I get back from a trip for work. My buddy traded a Monte Carlo for the mk6 he likes the glass and small dot but he doesn't like the eyebox or how the illumination bleeds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How is the feel of the magnification knob? My PST is super tight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The knob is fine it's not super stiff but it's not loosey goosey.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I handled the 1-8 in a store and was happy enough to find it, but I am so wary after my poor experience with the 1-4. I love trijicon as well, but was really disappointed with the accupower 1-4x. I thought the illumination was impossible to use and washed out too easily. Oddly, I think it only became visible on my scope around 200-300 meters and then would wash out before that and after. Had some other shooters with me confirm the same so I know I'm not crazy. I think the reticle was also too hard for my eyes to pick up, BUT I was nailing decent groups with it at mid-long range (300-500).
    How has the 1-8x held up with use since this review? It felt heavy and beefy enough to be pretty solid, does it shoot well, maintain zero and all that? I apologize if that is all in the video, I can't seem to get it to load right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    I handled the 1-8 in a store and was happy enough to find it, but I am so wary after my poor experience with the 1-4. I love trijicon as well, but was really disappointed with the accupower 1-4x. I thought the illumination was impossible to use and washed out too easily. Oddly, I think it only became visible on my scope around 200-300 meters and then would wash out before that and after. Had some other shooters with me confirm the same so I know I'm not crazy. I think the reticle was also too hard for my eyes to pick up, BUT I was nailing decent groups with it at mid-long range (300-500).
    How has the 1-8x held up with use since this review? It felt heavy and beefy enough to be pretty solid, does it shoot well, maintain zero and all that? I apologize if that is all in the video, I can't seem to get it to load right now.
    So I've used it in two 3gun matches so far and will use it in a third sunday, so it is heavy, but now distance shots are easier because of the useful MOA reticle, they were difficult with the 1-4 triangle. So trijicon did have problems with 1-4 accupowers and the VCOG. The 1-8 red accupowers are daylight bright, on 1x it's like having an eotech. the center crosshair is .75 moa thick so it is more precise than the VCOG, which is a tad thicker but it is a combat optic. The 1-8 is bright and becomes even brighter when you magnify it, on long shots I turn the illumination off. I really want to figure out a way to mount a go pro behind the 1-8 and do a range review to get some good first person views for y'all. I'm really happy with this and some of my buddies who are Vortex razor guys are trying to swap their razors for the 1-8 accupower.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    So I've used it in two 3gun matches so far and will use it in a third sunday, so it is heavy, but now distance shots are easier because of the useful MOA reticle, they were difficult with the 1-4 triangle. So trijicon did have problems with 1-4 accupowers and the VCOG. The 1-8 red accupowers are daylight bright, on 1x it's like having an eotech. the center crosshair is .75 moa thick so it is more precise than the VCOG, which is a tad thicker but it is a combat optic. The 1-8 is bright and becomes even brighter when you magnify it, on long shots I turn the illumination off. I really want to figure out a way to mount a go pro behind the 1-8 and do a range review to get some good first person views for y'all. I'm really happy with this and some of my buddies who are Vortex razor guys are trying to swap their razors for the 1-8 accupower.
    How arey ou liking it vs MK6?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How arey ou liking it vs MK6?
    I like it over my buddy's mk6 and he's looking to sell his mk6 now.

Feedback Score
    Of the 1-X optics I have tried it is the lightest, but the flickering was bothersome, .2 adjustments weren't great in my book. The BDC reticle on 6x is useful but busy at times, it has good glass but it's not noticeably better than the razor 1-6, accupower 1-8, or vcog. All of those have glass quality that's great but it's hard to tell if one is better than the other. I know the mk6 is a good scope but I personally prefer the Accupoer 1-8, VCOG, or the razor 1-6.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Of the 1-X optics I have tried it is the lightest, but the flickering was bothersome, .2 adjustments weren't great in my book. The BDC reticle on 6x is useful but busy at times, it has good glass but it's not noticeably better than the razor 1-6, accupower 1-8, or vcog. All of those have glass quality that's great but it's hard to tell if one is better than the other. I know the mk6 is a good scope but I personally prefer the Accupoer 1-8, VCOG, or the razor 1-6.
    How much different does the 1-8 feel up top vs. the MK6, regarding how the weapon handles?

Feedback Score
    It is heavier, I had my TR24 on my carbine before running 2 matches with the 1-8 and picking the gun up I notice it, but when I'm running around and gunning in a match I honestly don't notice a difference. The MK6 is lighter no doubt, my buddy did weigh his down with the LaRue mount and the throw lever but in my book the reticle and forgiving eyebox of the 1-8 accupower makeup for the weight difference. I want to like the MK6 but the busy reticle and the flicker bother me.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast