Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I just defend it because I see it as daylight bright, I've encountered a lot of people who brush this scope off because the 1-4 and vcog were not daylight bright. The 1-8 is a good scope, is it the perfect scope? No, it's heavy and I prefer capped turrets.
    The turrets are clown shoes is why I'm on the fence, here. That, and I'd prefer Trijicon to have made it a bit more robust and charged the $200 or whatever to do so.

Feedback Score
    A bunch of people want uncapped turrets because they think they're snipers but on a 1-8 on 5.56 you're not dialing you're using holds. Even my buddies that have their B4 just use holds and don't dial.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I really think Vortex has this figured out better than most, and Leupold is coming around.

On low-power variables, both should be capped.

On precision rifle optics, elevation needs to lock and windage needs a cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah I just got a razor after having a k16i a couple accupower and a few other not worth mentioning.

I really do like a lot of the features on it but dang it's beastly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It is a fat bastard but so is the Leupold 1.1-8x and the new Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    Except you're the only one that says it's daylight bright.
    I'll say the 1-4 is daylight bright when it's not very bright outside during the day or where you are shooting.

1-4 is a good solid scope for the class of optic. Especially since you don't need to pay $50 for a cat-tail.

1-8s in general aren't 'quite' there yet for me. I thought I could go for the Trijicon 1-8 but the turrets are a deal breaker.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 06-28-17 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, anyone looking for the/their perfect scope, may have a long wait, it could happen, but in one area or another you will probably have to compromise. One LPV scope may be about perfect, but it's a boat anchor and may weigh more than *you* would like, another one doesn't offer any reticles *you* care for, others may not get bright enough to suit *you*, etc., etc. Our elite SF units have been using using LPV scopes for many years, and they don't have the luxury to wait until the next latest and greatest model comes out to fight with. Surely, somewhere between 0 and $4000. there should be a LPV scope compromise out there to *pretty much* satisfy everyone. That being said, I am just as guilty as many others here and also look forward to seeing and maybe trying out some of the new stuff coming out each year.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-29-17 at 02:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Weight is the biggest issue for me or I would have bought a Razor a long time ago.

The second issue is ruggedness. I wish there was someone who was reviewing the build quality of these optics. Obviously, that would be an expensive review, but damn I'd like to know more about the quality of the scope construction.

Third, reticle and dials. I like capped turrets, but if the scope has a good reticle, is lightweight and rugged I'll make compromises.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, anyone looking for the/their perfect scope, may have a long wait, it could happen, but in one area or another you will probably have to compromise. One LPV scope may be about perfect, but it's a boat anchor and may weigh more than *you* would like, another one doesn't offer any reticles *you* care for, others may not get bright enough to suit *you*, etc., etc. Some of our elite SF units are no doubt using some type/ brand of LPV scopes *right now* and don't have the luxury to wait for the next latest and greatest model to come out to fight with. Surely, somewhere between 0 and $4000. there should be a LPV scope compromise out there to *pretty much* satisfy everyone. That being said, I am just as guilty as many others here and also look forward to seeing and maybe trying out some of the new stuff coming out each year.
    SOF guys have been using LPO for years. Who do you think they invented the short dot 1.1-4x for? Apparently alot of guys are currently using the razor 1-6x...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Weight is the biggest issue for me or I would have bought a Razor a long time ago.

The second issue is ruggedness. I wish there was someone who was reviewing the build quality of these optics. Obviously, that would be an expensive review, but damn I'd like to know more about the quality of the scope construction.

Third, reticle and dials. I like capped turrets, but if the scope has a good reticle, is lightweight and rugged I'll make compromises.
    Razor ha what you want other than being "lightweight". Go for it. You won't find anything rugged and lightweight with our current crop. Buy it and rock it. When something better comes along, sell it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast