Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Razor ha what you want other than being "lightweight". Go for it. You won't find anything rugged and lightweight with our current crop. Buy it and rock it. When something better comes along, sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MK6: 17oz
    NF 1-4: 17oz

But those are not 1-8's, sadly. I personally am probably going to give up 2x to have "rugged AND light". This poster might decided to do so as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

I'm aware of what they weigh. The 4x is personally a no go. You can't use the reticle quite as well. The clarity of that particular scope also isn't that great.

Mark 6 illumination sucks, and as I've said before, they I don't find them to be so rugged. I get that you love the Mark 6. Hell I own several of the 3-18x models, but it didn't take long for me to abandon the 1-6x. Everybody has their opinions. That's mine.

Last edited by tylerw02; 06-29-17 at 06:13.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm aware of what they weigh. The 4x is personally a no go. You can't use the reticle quite as well. The clarity of that particular scope also isn't that great.

Mark 6 illumination sucks, and as I've said before, they I don't find them to be so rugged. I get that you love the Mark 6. Hell I own several of the 3-18x models, but it didn't take long for me to abandon the 1-6x. Everybody has their opinions. That's mine.

It's the brightest illumination I've ever seen in a LPV, but you don't like it because it has an eyebox. Opinions.

What makes you say it's not durable, though?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Accupower 1-8 Initial Impressions (Range Review Coming Soon)

The units you've played with were brighter than the Vortex? The ones I've used were not as bright and flickered. The eyebox is right and it was easy to lose it.

Durability, the knobs are made very weak and the build quality just isn't as good as some of the others. Several that didn't track properly, etc. I have a hard time trusting them. I've heard lots of folks sending them back back for illumination issues, too. I've seen multiple ones with lens debris showing up with hard use.

That said, I would still take them over lots of other options. Thus far I ended up with the Razor for having all the features I want and just dealing with a couple extra ounces.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The units you've played with were brighter than the Vortex? I've not looked at a Vortex in person, but my MK6 is bright enough that I can literally stare at the sun with the scope on a cloudless day and see the red illuminated centerpoints up until it touches the corona of the sun. It literally doesn't get brighter than that, IMO The ones I've used were not as bright and flickered. The eyebox is right and it was easy to lose it. I only have an issue if I'm headed out of the eyebox entirely. It dims as you move out of the eyebox, but not a big deal until I get so sideways that it's my problem and not an optic problem.

Durability, the knobs are made very weak and the build quality just isn't as good as some of the others. Several that didn't track properly, etc. I have a hard time trusting them. I've heard lots of folks sending them back back for illumination issues, too. I've seen multiple ones with lens debris showing up with hard use. Interesting on lens debris, as I actually have that issue myself, much to my dismay. Regarding tracking, was that the MK6 3-18, or 1-6?

That said, I would still take them over lots of other options. Thus far I ended up with the Razor for having all the features I want and just dealing with a couple extra ounces.

Interesting viewpoints/datapoints. Tell me more about "build quality" though. Mine have "seemed" as well made as any other optic in that price range regarding fit/finish/feel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The flickering when moving in and out is a problem. You don't always get to make good positions. The Vortex is simply more tolerant to that.

The tracking issues have been on both.

Build quality....things like knobs not lining up correctly, magnification rings not indexing where they should, etc. it makes me question what things aren't right that one cannot see. Attention to detail goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Trijicon 1-8 Accupower that I use on my HK MR762 and could not be more pleased with it. Solid. Rugged. Great glass, reticle, etc. I know how people love to debate gear ad naseum on gun forums, I prefer to spend my time shooting and working on skills rather than endlessly searching for the "one optic to rule them all" ...

In photography there is a saying: There are two types of people, those who like to talk about taking pictures and those who take pictures.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The flickering when moving in and out is a problem. You don't always get to make good positions. The Vortex is simply more tolerant to that.

The tracking issues have been on both.

Build quality....things like knobs not lining up correctly, magnification rings not indexing where they should, etc. it makes me question what things aren't right that one cannot see. Attention to detail goes a long way.

What is your sample size? I am not discounting your observations, and I am actually looking at the Vortex. I currently need a second scope for an SR25. Would you mind taking a comparable picture to show me how much brighter your Vortex is than my MK6? This one was taken at around noon a while back.

Last edited by WS6; 06-29-17 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    I have a Trijicon 1-8 Accupower that I use on my HK MR762 and could not be more pleased with it. Solid. Rugged. Great glass, reticle, etc. I know how people love to debate gear ad naseum on gun forums, I prefer to spend my time shooting and working on skills rather than endlessly searching for the "one optic to rule them all" ...

In photography there is a saying: There are two types of people, those who like to talk about taking pictures and those who take pictures.
    Indeed, but when talking about $1k+ in glass, I like to know as much as I can before I go shooting...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'll try to get a pic later today.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast