Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Again let me remind you, keep the discussion on this gun and stop the vs. Glock crap.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Another video of it from Practically Tactical, featuring Steve Fisher and Jeff Bloovman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpSovjvoNVw
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    What kind of ammo were they using in that youtube video? the cases trickled out so softly. No wonder it tracks well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I am aware of those guns. It is just strange to list them as failing the trial despite them not participating. It would be like saying Lewis Hamilton failed the Kentucky Derby.
    I see your point. But essentially any company that put $$$ into RD for the sole purpose of the trial and didn't go anywhere with it failed the program even if it didn't test?

Either way, the 509 didn't compete either, FN has very clearly stated that the 509 is an improved design over their submission to the trial, so it didn't "fail" either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It'd be great if this pistol was the one that stuck, and more people hopped on board. But I doubt that'll happen.

I don't think anyone would doubt they make very good pistols. I had a pair of FNP's when I started shooting and they were both great. But FN FN'd it and I moved on to M&P 45's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone else see the Agency Arms 509's? They're FN' Sweet! Wish I can figure how to copy and paste the image on this macbook lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it just me/optical illusion, or do the forward serrations on the 509 look to be cut in at a slightly different angle than the rears? My OCD is on high alert right now...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Optical illusion played a trick on you. The serrations are cut at the same angle. But the slide itself does not maintain the same profile. The portion of the slide behind the ejection port is straight vertical, while the front part of the slide ahead of the ejection port tapers or angles inward at the top.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw one in the wild. I was actually more impressed than I thought I would be.

For whatever reason the grip geometry felt nicer on the hand and the slide seemed to sit a touch lower.

Trigger felt a tad heavier than FNS. Reset was short and clicky.

Overall presentation and design looked good.

The mags didn't launch with enough authority from left side. Right side mag release seemed like it got the mags out with a stronger push.

I really like the tallish sights.

Price was $511.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Second on the assessment by SpecWired. I liked the FNS and found the trigger on the 509 an improvement and was crisp with some take up and a very positive and audible reset. I found it strange the mags would release with authority when depressed on the right side but took quite a bit of pressure to get the mag to drop on the left side release and it sort of dribbled out. It did not seem to clear the mag detent until late. All else was positive. It's better than the APX, IMHO, in terms of ergos, trigger and size. The mag release thing bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Saw one in the wild. I was actually more impressed than I thought I would be.

For whatever reason the grip geometry felt nicer on the hand and the slide seemed to sit a touch lower.

Trigger felt a tad heavier than FNS. Reset was short and clicky.

Overall presentation and design looked good.

The mags didn't launch with enough authority from left side. Right side mag release seemed like it got the mags out with a stronger push.

I really like the tallish sights.

Price was $511.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast