Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternatives to Leupold Mark 6 1-6x

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So like you, I owned a MK6 and sold it for the same reason, plus some others. I have replaced mine with the heavier alternatives the razor 1-6 and the trijicon 1-8... I could also recommend the Swarovski and kahles 1-6 models.... Hope that helps.
    This is exactly what I was looking for, and it definitely helps!

So, with your Vortex at 6x, the additional 0.7mm of exit pupil makes a big difference over the Leupold? (Specs: Vortex= 4.0mm, Leupold= 3.3mm)

I've heard great things about the Kahles K16i, but its exit pupil at 6x is 3.8mm –– only 0.5mm larger than my Leupold's –– and I'm not sure how much difference that would make. Also, the Kahles' exit pupil at 1x is smaller (9.6mm) than my Leupold's (10.2mm).

Quote Originally Posted by strambo View Post
    My advice would be to just jump in and get started 3-gun...
    Sounds like wise advice. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have never handled a MK6, I do own a couple VX6 1-6 and do not have your described problems.

I also think it costs half as much or less.

I have seen some reviews of multiple top quality 1-6 scopes. Khales, swavorski, and vortex. The cheaper vx6 was said to have compairble glass.

My concern with the VX6 and it's around 14oz weight is durability. So far so good. I have one on my scar17 woods gun. I shoot it plenty and took a fall down a reveen with it. It has held up.

Edit: I do not have the issues you had. Messed up and said I did.
    Last edited by TMS951; 04-24-17 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    In case anyone stumbles on this thread with a similar question, I had a chance to ask Jesse Tischauer, and his was a good point, too:

"The Swarovski is the best out there but I can do ok with a $300 StrikeEagle too. Part of getting good is getting used to things not being perfect and knowing how bad it can be to still be ok."

I've known this maxim in other contexts, but hadn't thought to apply it here. For now, I'm going to stick with my Mk.6 and practice at "still be[ing] okay" when things aren't ideal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12