Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas Tube/Gas Key Making Contact

Feedback Score
    Are there other indications of early unlocking that may have let a primer let loose for this combination?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Are there other indications of early unlocking that may have let a primer let loose for this combination?
    There were no signs such as eff'd up brass to show early unlocking. Is there anything else I should look for?

This question does remind me of an important piece of information. I know it's late in the game, but it just came to mind. A live round did chamber, at least the last two or three times, but the bolt didn't lock or go into battery. I can't say what happened the first few times as remedial action worked. Then, I imagine since the bolt wasn't locked, there were failure to extracts and tap rack bang resulted in double feeds. If I didn't rack, the forward assist would allow firing.

I couldn't find any spent brass missing a primer. Of course, the brass is all crimped. That doesn't mean there weren't propped primers. I was shooting with the sheriff's department and brass was all over the place. I just tried to pick up mine. There were no spent primers in my lower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12