Thread: PC dangler pouch for IFAK

Feedback Score

PC dangler pouch for IFAK

So my current IFAK sits in a "normal" location on my PC (strong side 3 o'clock) and it's not bad but I'm always looking to make things easier/better.

Also, I've been doing some searching and I can't seem to get a lot of solid info on dangler pouches mounted to PC's. I think I saw someone say some cool guys use them but what they do and what I do aren't the same.

In theory it seems like a good idea, no? It's right in front. Not high. Very accessible by both hands and by others if I'm down.

Only con I can see is if I go prone the bottom might swing outward and I might lay on it when I hit the ground? Unless they are strict enough to not do that.

So far I've seen them made by TT, MARZ, and Ferro.

So what say you guys? Decent idea? Or the beghining if just a fad?

For around $50 it won't kill me to try it I guess.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run one on my PC, it replaced the Eagle E&E fanny pack I was using. They offer some great flexibility and are great for keeping items off of your back or consolidating mission essential equipment. I run a small IFAK and Survival/E&E kit in mine.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I have a Spiritus Systems SACK I'm guinea pigging as a Care Under Fire/Hemorrhage pouch with some TQs and Hyfins. On a side note, I wouldn't use one as my primary IFAK, even with an insert. IFAKs that close with a zipper are a no go for self aid, in my opinion. Some medical pouches that zip closed are designed to be pulled open, but my experience with both the Ferro and Spiritus Systems products would say to look elsewhere if that's the intended purpose.

GREAT for carrying shit, though. And they aren't marketed as IFAKs, so no dig on them at all. I recommend picking one up if you're curious and see what use you can get from it. They're really more general purpose/stow some random shit kinda pouches, anyway.

I'm helping with a TECC class in a few weeks and will shake it out with the instructors to see how much validity it has.
    Last edited by GTF425; 04-18-17 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    I've tried a lot of different IFAKs and have settled on the fanny pack as the best solution. With the fanny pack I am able to keep it on me whether I'm wearing a PC, chest rig, battle belt, or just a regular belt without swapping things around. Also it gives me the ability to easily move it to the front or rear depending on the situation (going prone, driving, etc.) I find the dangler pouches are inferior because they're stuck to the front of your PC. I personally try to take my kit off as soon as able and like to still have an IFAK on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

PC dangler pouch for IFAK

Have you looked at SO Tech's Viper ifak? I have a couple. One mounted on a belt and on on my TT chest rig. Just in my own training they are a good one handed operations to pull and access. The viper holds a solid ifak+ the A1, their smaller one is sized for trauma. Here's a couple pics.
    Having said all that listen to GTF.
    ETA: That TQ is a spare. I have 3 others rubber banded on my rig.

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-19-17 at 17:00.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    This had crossed my mind too.

ETA
    Sorry I thought I hit reply. I'm talking about the fanny pack.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Have you looked at SO Tech's Viper ifak? I have a couple. One mounted on a belt and on on my TT chest rig. Just in my own training they are a good one handed operations to pull and access. The viper holds a solid ifak+ the A1, their smaller one is sized for trauma. Here's a couple pics.
    Having said all that listen to GTF.
    ETA: That TQ is a spare. I have 3 others rubber banded on my rig.

I'll give it a look. Thank you.