Thread: Recommend an accurate, reliable LED Trigger Pull Gauge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Recommend an accurate, reliable LED Trigger Pull Gauge.

What are yall using, how much & where to buy?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a bunch of them to compare, but I've been happy with the Lyman model that I've used for a number of years now.
    You can take multiple pulls and average them, and of course the screen means you don't have to be looking at it when the trigger goes.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I don't have a bunch of them to compare, but I've been happy with the Lyman model that I've used for a number of years now.
    You can take multiple pulls and average them, and of course the screen means you don't have to be looking at it when the trigger goes.

Thanks- that one seems to be the better one on the market. But reviews are all over the place...3-4 say its the best thing since shirt pockets, then 2-3 will say aint worth a damn. The search continues..
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Like any of them...the technique used affects the results. Angle of pull, placement on the trigger, steadiness of the hand holding the gun. They're all going to be variable....the Lyman is as good as anything. I find that if I'm careless about positioning and technique, my results with the Lyman are variable too. If I concentrate on doing it the same time every time, I get decreased variability and a much more consistent average. If you want to eliminate variability, you'll need to find a gauge that uses some kind of different form factor. i.e....jigs the gun somehow and doesn't rely on a rod with hook on a strain gauge.

Feedback Score
    Like hmac said, how you use it is everything.
    The pull rod on the Lyman has a roller on it, so it will move to the lowest point of the trigger. Whatever gun you are testing needs to not move while you do the pull. I will usually do my best to pull in the same direction that the shooters finger would be pulling. Going away from that direction, either up or down will change the reading. The pull needs to be steady, don't start, then stop halfway through, then start again. It will read the stop point. I usually take 3 pulls, and if I'm not comfortable with any of them, I start over, and average them. There's an avg button on the device.
    It takes a little playing around with, but it's not hard to get used to it. Especially if you have a gun with a known, accurately measured pull, you can see what you need to do in order to duplicate the reading.

Standard for checking on nra type matches is to stand a rifle vertically on its stock, and put the minimum weight on the trigger. It should not drop the hammer. This is a straight back pull.

NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gents- great info & I thank you both!