Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightforce NXS 1x4 VS Leupold VX6 1x6

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you get the NXS buy it used, plenty of used ones for a good deal.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    If you get the NXS buy it used, plenty of used ones for a good deal.
    This is true, and typically people who buy NXS's don't ham-fist things. It may have some lovemarks, but it's likely been treated right with no inbreds clamping the rings down until they touch, and the like.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The NF digillum is really only useful at dusk or looking into deep shadows. Its useless in daylight and washes out when you turn on your weapon light. It was never intended to have RDS features at 1x.

The optics that Ive seen that excel at 1x are the Kahles 1-6x and Razor HD gen2 1-6x. Both have many draw backs as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The optics that Ive seen that excel at 1x are the Kahles 1-6x and Razor HD gen2 1-6x. Both have many draw backs as well.
    The Kahles is just outside of my price range ($1500)... and I would feel like crap if I destroyed a $2k optic.

The HD Gen2 is awesome, but it's a freaking pig, trying to keep weight down on this rifle. It's the optic I want, but the weight ruins it for me.

Thanks again for feedback Gents!

Feedback Score
    Choosing an optic is tough. All of our opinions are biased to one degree or another.

Here's my take, if you are shooting predominantly at 100 yards and extending out to 300 yard. Then the 1-4 X should work. I've seen both optics and either would serve as a range scope. The Nightforce will be more durable for sure. I've owned and use Leupold optics. They make a great product, but unless you go with a higher-end Military / LE class scope the Nightforce is more reliable.

You didn't mention a budget but even the NF 1-4X NXS with a Zero Stop can get close to $1,500.00.

I agree with the other member to check around for a clean used NF with a right for inspection and detailed high resolution photos.

If there are any three-gun matches nearby, you might get a chance to see one in person, maybe even try it out.

I've seen Nightforce scopes in Local gun stores but it has been rare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12