Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    So, it's exactly 1.5" longer than pistol length?
    No, not exactly, approximately.

BTW, there are two different pistol lengths, the DMPS and the Noveske, which are approximately .060" different.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mr. Clint,

I have a question about the PDW gas system, the 277 Wolverine, and gas port shims.

I have a new 12.5" barrel coming and want to get it mounted ASAP. This will replace my 12.5" pistol gas barrel.

The pistol gas barrel gas block has one of your shims in it that's drilled to .063" IIRC. What shim do you recommend I try with the new hybrid gas system? Or should I buy a new gas block and start fresh?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Mr. Clint,

I have a question about the PDW gas system, the 277 Wolverine, and gas port shims.

I have a new 12.5" barrel coming and want to get it mounted ASAP. This will replace my 12.5" pistol gas barrel.

The pistol gas barrel gas block has one of your shims in it that's drilled to .063" IIRC. What shim do you recommend I try with the new hybrid gas system? Or should I buy a new gas block and start fresh?

Thanks!
    Port sizes will be bigger than with the pistol.

Those barrels are ported to cycle subsonic ammo un-suppressed with a CAR buffer.

That can be reduced when adding a suppressor to the subs or with supersonic ammo.
    Last edited by Clint; 02-23-18 at 08:28.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In the last half-hour I have gone from ho-hum to very interested in .277 WLV, and that was before reading this thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    In the last half-hour I have gone from ho-hum to very interested in .277 WLV, and that was before reading this thread.
    What promted the interest?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Can 277 wolverine subsonics be shot through pistol supressors rated for 300 blk subsonic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Can 277 wolverine subsonics be shot through pistol supressors rated for 300 blk subsonic?
    I'd certainly think so. Pressures wouldn't be any higher I wouldn't think.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What promted the interest?

I saw something about it somewhere and got to thinking how funny things work sometimes, and how big changes start with small things. And how .300 BLK with all the excitement in the last 7 years, seems to be generating less interest, and that one thing I've never seen discussed about it is that a full mag (subsonics) weighs about 2/3 pound more, and how .277 might just be the increment between .22 and .30 cal. that really hits the spot (although no getting around the weight issue with subs, heavier bullets weigh more regardless...). How sometimes there's a harmonic between something new and the need for something new. And how I was thinking about running .300 BLK in classes this summer and that .277 would be fresher grist for an article. I remembered this thread which I had never read, and checked it out. I think maybe the momentum has not reached a point yet where it would be the right time for an article.... but I have not totally discarded the idea, either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I saw something about it somewhere and got to thinking how funny things work sometimes, and how big changes start with small things. And how .300 BLK with all the excitement in the last 7 years, seems to be generating less interest, and that one thing I've never seen discussed about it is that a full mag (subsonics) weighs about 2/3 pound more, and how .277 might just be the increment between .22 and .30 cal. that really hits the spot (although no getting around the weight issue with subs, heavier bullets weigh more regardless...). How sometimes there's a harmonic between something new and the need for something new. And how I was thinking about running .300 BLK in classes this summer and that .277 would be fresher grist for an article. I remembered this thread which I had never read, and checked it out. I think maybe the momentum has not reached a point yet where it would be the right time for an article.... but I have not totally discarded the idea, either.
    I hope it picks up. I was pretty much sold on a 300blk upper for later this year - to run mainly suppressed, but this seems like its a little better at everything. I might just be buying dies and building one - I do like the off the shelf availability of 300blk right now, but if that changes (especially subs) this seems like the way to go.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I haven't looked that deep yet but I suppose I could take all my Blackout brass and make .277 WLV out of it...? I can always get more BLK brass. get

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast