Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 277 Wolverine General Thoughts and Experiences?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A new article in Handloader Magazine by Richard Mann. The article starts on page thirty-two.

https://issuu.com/magaread39/docs/ha...september_2017

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a bit of an update.

I took the Wolverine to the 200 yard range this morning and put it on paper after getting it dialed in good at 100 yards.

With 23.2gr of CFE BLK and a 90gr TNT I'm printing about an inch and a half high at 100. My thinking here is that should put me more or less dead on at 200 and about 12in low at 300. That's my hope anyway.

So here is my 200 yard target with the 90gr load. This is two different groups of three rounds each. I fired the first three then walked down to check the target. I then fired another three rounds for a total of six.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The above group was fired off a sandbag rest using an EO Tech and 3x magnifier. GI type trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mad Dog Weapons has convinced Starline to make properly headstamped 277WLV brass. If the info on the MDWS forum is correct this brass should be available in three or four months. It should be 30-40 cents per case.

Also, MDWS was able to convince Speer to sell the 90gr Gold Dot to JB's Firearms for use in commercially loaded ammo. Hopefully this will eventually lead to new (not pulldown) Gold Dot for the general public.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That is good to hear. I would also be happy with the group you posted above @ 200 yards

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brass in process with Starline. It should be ready to ship very soon.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...F3533391%22%3E

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-14-17 at 04:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Starline is getting close to having the brass finalized and shipped.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boom!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    awesome job keeping this cartridge development updated!

Im sure it was mentioned earlier, but where can folks go if they want to get barrels for this wildcat? Specifically just some light weight 16" offerings.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    awesome job keeping this cartridge development updated!

Im sure it was mentioned earlier, but where can folks go if they want to get barrels for this wildcat? Specifically just some light weight 16" offerings.
    Barrels and brass, as well as other components, are available on the Mad Dog website.

Barrels are also available from X Caliber Barrels.

https://www.maddogweapons.com/store/...omponents.html

http://www.x-caliber.net/custom-ar-barrel

There are probably a few other sources but these are the ones I know of for sure.

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-21-17 at 06:24.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast