Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G code holsters ?

Feedback Score
    Gonna throw a vote down for the QLS by Safariland. The parts are wicked durable, the lockup is tight, and there's no real way for anything to come loose. If you look at the system, there's an absurd amount of surface area touching between the two parts: this means that it's gonna take an act of god to break them apart short of activating the release. Next, because it is like material against like material, you never have to worry about any flexion causing part of the system to break another part of the system in the same way as the G-Code.

I don't have anything all that bad to say about the G-Code stuff, honestly. It's good kit, and guys that run it don't have anything but good stuff to say. I just stood back and looked at it from an engineering and design point of view and decided that G-Code was well suited to fixed mounting (car, house, etc) but that the QLS was totally indifferent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run both G-Code and Safariland QLS. My level of use is moderate but thumbs up on both.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Another fan of the G-CODE RTI system here.
    There is a tiny bit of play in it, but generally very good overall.
    I've had great service from G-CODE.
    They're solid.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Another fan of the G-CODE RTI system here.
    There is a tiny bit of play in it, but generally very good overall.
    I've had great service from G-CODE.
    They're solid.
    I've been using the G-codes for a few years, I like the RTI, but I understand the Safariland. I carried some RTI's on deployments and it was awesome having one holster and then just getting a few extra RTI hangers for either a belt or my plate carrier so you can just switch off how you carry depending on being in a vehicle or out moving around. It depends what has a better deal at the moment I guess and what you're going to do overall. I'd say G-Code can take some time to receive if you get something custom, and ELS is always really quick, but if you're looking for a vehicle mount, the RTI is a nice setup. I just wouldn't do the price again for it since the glue and everything holds up well as other have said, but I think I could devise a better way to mount my carry in a vehicle for cheap. Also, if you're looking at the RTI for a holder for a long road trip or ride where you don't want a gun digging in your side, I've found I just needed to fix how I was carrying... But if you are looking at something like "I can't carry in X place then I need to secure my carry in the car for a bit", then maybe get a small under seat safe and secure that thing for a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12