Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep = Junk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not trying to derail this thread entirely, is there a car company that is actually good? It seemed to me they all have major flaws of some type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Those of us that are old enough can remember Detroit's substantial QC problems from the 1970's and '80's. They really put out some turds in those days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    2006 was the last year of reasonably reliable jeeps.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not trying to derail this thread entirely, is there a car company that is actually good? It seemed to me they all have major flaws of some type.

Toyota trucks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

In my personal and professional opinion and in no particular order; Honda, Toyota, and Subaru make the best vehicles on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a family we've had three 80s Toyota pickups; an '80 and '87 2WD, plus my 87 4WD with 165K and I expect it to be the last. The other two were bought used, "rode hard and put away wet" as my kids' first wheels. All were tough as an old boot. the '87 2WD came off the rodeo circuit and went 275K. As time went on there were two other of those small pickups, plus an '01 MR2 Spyder and an '06 Corolla. Also in the mix have been an older Cressida, a Supra, and a Lexus sport convertible. All outstandingly solid. The one exception, a Tundra (fortunately NOT owned by me.)

But enough of what I think. Check out all 3 parts of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

The outlier was a Tundra pickup which was garbage. Fortunately, not mine.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've owned one Chrysler product. It cured me from ever owning another one.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    OP,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. IMO, I believe manufacturer's have good and bad models within the brand. RE Jeep...I bought a 2000 Cherokee 4WD in '02, used with 30k on it and drove it until around 2014 with over 130k before I traded it in. Great car and never had any major problems out of it. I now have a '04 Expedition with 130 k on it. Bought used in '09 and it has been great as well but not as good as the Jeep. I have no desire to buy another though Jeep since FIAT entered the picture. My advice, is research the models well and try your best to make an informed choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    That's what a lot of Jeep enthusiasts say. The TJ Series, 1997-2006. However, I have never owned one except for a 1993 repo Jeep Islander I bought. It was yellow with a bikini top. Sold it three days later for a $3000.00 profit.
    Last edited by OH58D; 04-19-17 at 19:12.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    05/06 were some of the worst actually. Oil pump drive assemblies were problematic and if not caught early your engine would be trash in short order. Lots of reports of cam gear problems on those years as well. Somehow Chrysler took a near bulletproof engine (the 4.0 inline 6) and broke it in 05/06.

Then there are the issues common to all of the TJ series (some fixed on rubicon, some not) weak drag link and tie rods, weak ass D35 axle, and shitty control arm brackets. Though non of those are an issue unless you actually take the thing off road.

I used to shun the JK, but now having owned one for a few years you couldn't give me back my TJ unless half the parts were upgraded aftermarket.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast