Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jeep = Junk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    But enough of what I think. Check out all 3 parts of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk
    Holy sweet mother of pearl. I've never seen that. I'm not surprised in the least though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not trying to derail this thread entirely, is there a car company that is actually good? It seemed to me they all have major flaws of some type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acura.

I fully intend to purchase a Rubicon to cruise the woods and roads doors off, top off, widshiled down... outside of that, I'll be sticking with acuras. My 05 tsx got traded in when the transmission died at 230K. There was a small leak I didn't catch till the damage was done.

So I bought another 05 tsx with 85k. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-19-17 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Bought a brand new TJ in 06. Nothing about it impressed me. I enjoyed the topless/doorless driving. Beyond that, it was an awful vehicle.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    In my personal and professional opinion and in no particular order; Honda, Toyota, and Subaru make the best vehicles on the road.
    Subaru's sedan looks pretty good but I'm not a fan of the looks of a single other model from any one of those brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Toyota 4Runner.

Chrysler has been making garbage for years. The dealerships count on you coming back for warranty work and WILL treat you like a red headed step child when you come in for repairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The Korean brands (Hyundai, Kia) seem to be reasonably reliable.

Feedback Score
    Owned 2 jeeps, and driven dozens from rental agencies, and they all suffer from steering wheel play.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    Toyota 4Runner.

Chrysler has been making garbage for years. The dealerships count on you coming back for warranty work and WILL treat you like a red headed step child when you come in for repairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I watched a friend pull another friends Patriot out of a creek with his 4-runner. Quite funny.

Feedback Score
    I've owned Jeeps for decades. The Patriot isn't a Jeep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I've owned Jeeps for decades. The Patriot isn't a Jeep.
    I think Consumer Reports described it accurately. When I bought my first Patriot in 2009 their description was (roughly) that it was an SUV made to be used on pavement most of the time, with limited off-road and four-wheel-drive capability. That description to a 'T' was what I was looking for and was one reason I bought it. I needed it for muddy and rough dirt road conditions at the ranch, but mostly it would be used in town.

I always considered it a cross between a city vehicle and a 'real' Jeep. I have not been the least dissatisfied with the 4-wheel drive, or how much power it has. Sure, I'd never go rock-crawling with it, but it has never failed me on a flooded road, rough terrain, or a just plain crappy dirt road.

But leaving me stranded is an unforgivable sin. No more Jeeps.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-20-17 at 11:27.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast