Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ONCE IN A LIFETIME SPLURGE: ONE SCOPE TO DO IT ALL.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon 1-8 all day

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gents-
    Im really digging all the suggestions. Ive seen seen some here & in PM I hadn't thought of.
    Let me clarify a minor detail...UP TO 8x...not necessarily 8x.
    I do have a short list in mind..well, it aint short...I got a list in mind..but keep in mind Im gonna try to maximize my budget with sales around Memorial Day.
    So, if/when yall see these on sale..please let me know. The Trijicon, Platinum Arms, Burris and a couple more are at the top of my list. Also considering an ACOG or ELCAN.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 and 8 are not reasonable requests. If a tank runs over the scope it has to still work? Scope including rings? Maybe I misunderstand or am reading extremes into your wording.

Anyway. Get a Leupold VX6 or VXR I have two of each of these and they beat the quality of Nightforce in a "Apples to Apples" comparison. I took my NF and put it beside my VX6, in real world situation (outside, long range). Same power (3-18x50's) The difference was so incredible I sold the NF and bought another VX6. They are that good. I couldn't believe the difference. Plus VX6 comes in at 2/3 the weight 20ish oz vs 33oz. That is significant.

Illuminated reticles or not, they offer a hundred options. Go to Leupold.com check all of them out. I have one VX6 that is illuminated (if you want you can turn it off or on, still works the same, reticle doesn't disappear) one that isn't. Both VX-R's are illuminated.

Fwiw I don't care for the AR line of scopes. Yeah. They are good. Get a VX6 and you won't ever regret the money spent.

I sold all of my Swarovskis, Zeiss and Nightforce once I started using the newer high end model Leupolds.

I don't work for them or have any reason to recommend them other than the fact that I think they are the best quality per $ spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x. It is a great scope with a great reticle and an awesome illumination system. BUT, the 1.25 at the low end is very noticeable and is worst in class in this optics category. It does have outstanding optical quality, but it is slower than others at the low end. One question you need to ask yourself to narrow down your decision is this: How much weight are you willing to add to the rifle? 1-8x optics come with a severe weight penalty as most of the good ones weight over 2 lbs without a mount. Ask your self what ranges you really have to opportunity to shoot at. If it is 300 yards and under, 1-4 or 1-6 is plenty and will be lighter. In your price range I would get a Trijicon Accupoint or Accupower and never look back. For example, in my unique circumstances I would lean towards the Accupoint with the triangle reticle as I never shoot over 300 yards with a 5.56. I'll probably make good on this once I get a few hundred dollars saved up and sell my Leupold.

Feedback Score
    It's a little outside of your budget, but if I was looking for a do-all LPV I would opt for the Trijicon Accupower 1-8. For me personally, it has the best combination of features, quality, and reticle I've come across so far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://www.natchezss.com/vx-6-1-6x2...redot-bdc.html

769$ for a VX6 1-6 right now. That price is so good I'm considering a third one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    https://www.natchezss.com/vx-6-1-6x2...redot-bdc.html

769$ for a VX6 1-6 right now. That price is so good I'm considering a third one.
    WOW. Excellent price- thank you for that.
    UPDATE on choices thus far:
    Ive narrowed down to a few. I like the one in the above link- Ill monitor that one during Memorial Day.
    Also- My two top choices are the Leupold VX-R Patrol Red Firedot SPR & the Steiner P4xi, with the Steiner coming in first.
    The PA 1-8 also...if it comes down in price over Memorial Day sales.
    Question- between the Leupold & Steiner....which one?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    WOW. Excellent price- thank you for that.
    UPDATE on choices thus far:
    Ive narrowed down to a few. I like the one in the above link- Ill monitor that one during Memorial Day.
    Also- My two top choices are the Leupold VX-R Patrol Red Firedot SPR & the Steiner P4xi, with the Steiner coming in first.
    The PA 1-8 also...if it comes down in price over Memorial Day sales.
    Question- between the Leupold & Steiner....which one?
    I just got the Steiner recently. My decision was based on the illumination dial knob, closer to true 1X, and capped turrets. I was also considering the Vortex PST2 1-6 but at that weight I'd just step up and get a used razor.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just in case anyone wanted to read a review of the vxr patrol...

http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/10/leupold...iredot-on.html

Feedback Score
    It is definitely not a "Once in a lifetime" scope but the Steiner P4xi is a great scope for the money. The illumination is very bright and I like the simplicity of the reticle. But a Nightforce NXS 1-4x24 with the FC-3G reticle is on my wish list.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast