Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
I run an 18" 308AR for hog patrol now, but yesteryears it was mainly a 24" 308 bolt of some sort. Out of both I've had outstanding success with PMC Bronze 147's....yup FMJ's. The first hog always gets it in the ear, but once they scatter the accuracy obviously goes down yet it doesn't matter with a 308 they are gonna die. I've also run some of that inexpensive Privi from SG Ammo kills just as well. I'm going to send you a link on some other stuff as well. I refuse to waste deer loads on these turds as long as they die that's all I care about. Hogs down = save money. I will say on the few hogs that have pissed me off enough to shoot at blowing up a deer hunt they have all been DRT with Hornady American Whitetail 150's. Makes me sad to think I even wasted a couple of those loads on hogs. Sniff.

Can you get a face on shot of that pig? It kind of looks like my neighbor it might be kin folk.
Part of me agrees, and part of me does not. I think a quick and human kill on a hog is ethically right. The pig did not choose to be set free and go feral, and the pig is doing what it does with no malice in its heart. It does not intend to be a problem, or to cause harm, it is an animal, doing as animals do. I feel that it is my responsibility to take a life such as that of an animal such as this with as much an eye toward minimal suffering as I would a trophy buck, or any other "more desirable".

Just my .02, YMMV, your conscience dictates to you, not I.

The MK319 is very effective on them from what I hear from some friends of mine who went on a recent hog hunt. Explosive.