Thread: .308 rounds and ballistics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This is a great post and informative for me also. I went to zero my 308 this past weekend with both Federal 175 OTM and 168 MEN (Deutschland ammo) clearly the Federal was consistently a better performing round, but that MEN was easy as 3/4 round on wth one round being a slight wild hair if you get my meaning. I will definitely buy that again. It's brass cased and honestly looks like a very quality round. That will be the ammo I stock up on for sure and train with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    This is a great post and informative for me also. I went to zero my 308 this past weekend with both Federal 175 OTM and 168 MEN (Deutschland ammo) clearly the Federal was consistently a better performing round, but that MEN was easy as 3/4 round on wth one round being a slight wild hair if you get my meaning. I will definitely buy that again. It's brass cased and honestly looks like a very quality round. That will be the ammo I stock up on for sure and train with.

Yea the BA is a first for me, but I have no reason to look elsewhere next time it's more than I need. Heck I will take a 2moa gun into the woods that will kill everything I look at my hunting ranges. This rifle has now given me 3 different ammo choices that will deliver 1" or better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Reload boys, reload ...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Robert - Where did you find the 168gr MEN ammo? I've only been able to find the 147gr FMJ MEN. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_f View Post
    Robert - Where did you find the 168gr MEN ammo? I've only been able to find the 147gr FMJ MEN. Thanks.
    Mike, I stand corrected, it is 147gr. My apologies. I had 3 different rounds out at the range and unfortunately got the round weights mixed up. If I do run across it though, I'll shoot you an email or pm.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mike, I stand corrected, it is 147gr. My apologies. I had 3 different rounds out at the range and unfortunately got the round weights mixed up. If I do run across it though, I'll shoot you an email or pm.

Thanks for the clarification, no worries. I was just hoping there was another MEN load out there. It seems like good stuff.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_f View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, no worries. I was just hoping there was another MEN load out there. It seems like good stuff.
    Yeah I think so too, although I haven't pushed out beyond zeroing @ 100. This weekend though I'm taking it out to my little range and see what it does at 350 and 400.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams