Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Offset/45 deg sights on scoped rifles?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For all those concerned, I have removed the birdshot and combo rounds and loaded all buckshot rds.

I'm still keeping the offset sights........
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    The last order I placed with optics planet took ten days to arrive, the're normally the last site I'll check. And the sale would have to be too good to be true for me to order with them again.

Still a good price if your not in a hurry.
    Ordered on 21 April. Shipped on 24 April. Receive notice yesterday they shipped from Memphis to Atlanta (USPS) with a "delay" notification. Delay? yeah I bet. Should have shipped from Memphis to Birmingham to my little area. That would have been a half-way point between Memphis and B'ham. Idiots.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well today was the first chance I've had to try the 45 deg offsets, almost forgot they were on there until I was almost out of ammo.

First impression, they work very well and as intended. With my Harris mount I can lean the rifle to the side almost perfectly leveling the offsets for me to fire with. I only shot with them out to the 50 yd target but they zero'd easy and held a decent group.

Very happy with them for what I intend them for, the only issue is now that I've shot with the Pro MBUS sights the Gen II flip up I have on the front of my BCM looks like crap.

The PRO front can be adjusted by hand with no tool and has a smaller footprint on the weapon. Looks like I'm in the market for a standard PRO front sight post!

Firing off hand works okay except my DDM4v11 Pro with the PRS stock and scope w/ ammo weigh in the 10lb range I'd guess if not more, the rifle gets heavy fast!

Anyways thanks for all the advice and help.
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great. Glad to see they meet your expectations. One of those deals where you just never know til you hand over the cash.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Well today was the first chance I've had to try the 45 deg offsets, almost forgot they were on there until I was almost out of ammo.

First impression, they work very well and as intended. With my Harris mount I can lean the rifle to the side almost perfectly leveling the offsets for me to fire with. I only shot with them out to the 50 yd target but they zero'd easy and held a decent group.

Very happy with them for what I intend them for, the only issue is now that I've shot with the Pro MBUS sights the Gen II flip up I have on the front of my BCM looks like crap.

The PRO front can be adjusted by hand with no tool and has a smaller footprint on the weapon. Looks like I'm in the market for a standard PRO front sight post!

Firing off hand works okay except my DDM4v11 Pro with the PRS stock and scope w/ ammo weigh in the 10lb range I'd guess if not more, the rifle gets heavy fast!

Anyways thanks for all the advice and help.
    I'm with you on the weight.

I used to hunt deer with a lever carbine. Bought a .308 AR, put buis, glass, and a bipod. (You never know when Bambi will require you to go prone lol). Anyway, after that first hump to the stand, in twelve pound trim, she now wears irons only...like the lever gun. (It's still an upgrade).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the write up. I guess saying "almost forgot they were there" says it all. I'd now consider that if I want to get a more robust scope set up on one of mine.

I shoot an M1 Garand offhand, so yeah, I hear what you're saying. I learned not to go for the perfect shot as that is a fleeting moment that leads to jumping the trigger. I let the sights move and focus on proper trigger squeeze while in the black. At 200 yards, there ain't much black.

Anyways, thanks for the final wrap up. A lot of threads go on but the OP doesn't sum it up after this or that change.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post

Anyways, thanks for the final wrap up. A lot of threads go on but the OP doesn't sum it up after this or that change.
    I often forget as well, but yesterday after finally getting out and trying some of this new hardware I had to come back and update 4-5 threads. I try to only ask questions after I have searched quite a few places and different threads. More times than not you never get the final impression and the thread is two or three years old, so it's either start a new or bring back an old thread to ask.

Definitely recommend!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567