Thread: LPK for ambi Mega Arms lower

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

LPK for ambi Mega Arms lower

I've had a complete colt 6920 upper sitting in my safe for a while, and it looks lonely. I'm think of getting this ambi lower from Mega Arms:

http://www.megaarms.com/ar-15/lower-...s/gtr-3s-ambi/

Can anyone suggest a LPK - FCG that they know will work well with ambi Mega? Open to suggestions on grip, receiver extensions, and other thoughts on how to make this lower stand out. I'm willing to pay up to get the best quality. I'll most likely get Geiselle SSA or SSA-E trigger.
    Last edited by Bang4Buck; 04-20-17 at 17:06.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    I've had a complete colt 6920 upper sitting in my safe for a while, and it looks lonely. I'm think of getting this ambi lower from Mega Arms:

http://www.megaarms.com/ar-15/lower-...s/gtr-3s-ambi/

Can anyone suggest a LPK - FCG that they know will work well with ambi Mega? Open to suggestions on grip, receiver extensions, and other thoughts on how to make this lower stand out. I'm willing to pay up to get the best quality. I'll most likely get Geiselle SSA or SSA-E trigger.
    I recently purchased a LPK w/o FCG from Sionics Weapon Systems that looks to be top notch. In fact it has a lot of the same markings as a Colt LPK I bought from another vendor. As far as receiver extension goes, I would look for a 7075 aluminum mil spec unit from BCM, or Vltor. If you're willing to spend a bit more, I recommend a Vltor A5 kit, which comes with everything you need: E-mod buttstock, A5 buffer tube, A5 buffer, and action spring. You can source these from Brownells, and other places if you're willing to look around. The SSA-E is a fine trigger, I used one on my AR10 build.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I like this if you are planning on a Geissele trigger...
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...n&key=SPK99796

But any of these are gonna be quality parts...
    http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...receiver-parts

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15...k-semi-blk.htm

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/co...ons/components

If you're going ambi, an ambi safety would seem worthwhile too...
    http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com...tor-ar15-ar10r

Also depends what sort of pistol grip you prefer, etc

My $.02
    NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 04-29-17 at 00:20.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    As an option to the Vltor A5 kit, Magpul sells their SR25/Mk110 RE tube which is the exact same length as the A5, just with 10 stock positions as opposed to 7. BCM also has their Intermediate RE tube, which is Bravos version of the A5. I mention this because it's. To always easy to find the kit. I only use A5's in my AR's. I used a carbine on my first build but from the first time I tried one, it's all I've used. I think the Battle Arms Bad-CASS short throw. It's got a dovetail "joint" and I believe honestly, once you try one and feel just how solid it is, you'll see why folks like it. Sionics and SOLG are solid choices. DSG Arms here in Texas makes a very nice enhanced LPK. I use them in all my builds. I usually get the enhanced LPK (-) trigger. Catch the, on sale sometimes for $59-69 and the quality is just top notch. Ergo grips seem popular. I'm a big fan of Hogue grips, but I know BCM and Magpul make some grips that are a little more vertical and I'm not sure but I think that helps people with shorter arms... or ,Aubrey it's longer at,s.lol. I just use my Hogue overmolded grips. Soaking wet hands and I still get a solid purchase. Plus I can hide batteries and stuff inside the grip. On stocks, (did you mention stocks?). I'm a huge Vltor EMod fan. For me, they don't pull my beard hair out. Others seem it does. But one stock I've tied lately and I just bought my second one if that tells you anything....it's the Magpul SL-S. they take the SL, add a battery compartment on either side that increases cheek weld geography. Man I really like that stock!! It's. It not heavy, it handles batteries the way I wish my Vltor and LMT's did. Good luck, it sure sounds like you're going to end up with an excellent weapon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RedBarnArmory allows you to 'custom piece together your lpk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why would you get a LPK for that lower? By the time I finished making it ambi with a safety, Norgan catch BAD TD pins and trigger there were just a few easily sourced small parts needed.
    Last edited by GH41; 04-29-17 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellen25 View Post
    RedBarnArmory allows you to 'custom piece together your lpk.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I just found this site right before your post and wound up using them to customize what I wanted. I got the rest from BCM.

Wound up getting BCM mod 2 grip, BCM intermediate A5 buffer system, BCM SOPMOD stock, SSA-E trigger, BAD-ASS ambi safety and BAD TD pins.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I just found this site right before your post and wound up using them to customize what I wanted. I got the rest from BCM.

Wound up getting BCM mod 2 grip, BCM intermediate A5 buffer system, BCM SOPMOD stock, SSA-E trigger, BAD-ASS ambi safety and BAD TD pins.
    Have you ever used an "E" trigger? They are a fine trigger for a precision rifle but to edgy for a rough and tumble rifle in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Have you ever used an "E" trigger? They are a fine trigger for a precision rifle but to edgy for a rough and tumble rifle in my opinion.
    I actually meant to put SSA instead of SSA-E. I actually have 4 other ARs. 2 have the SSA-E and the other 2 have the SSA. I agree 100% the SSA would be better for a tactical build.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I actually meant to put SSA instead of SSA-E. I actually have 4 other ARs. 2 have the SSA-E and the other 2 have the SSA. I agree 100% the SSA would be better for a tactical build.
    Gotcha.