Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cimarron/Rock Island 1911

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Interesting gun. Where are these Cimarron 1911 made?
    Philippines. They're an Armscor product.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apparently they're Armscor-sourced, but made to higher standards (extremely reliable, and unusually accurate despite the tiny old-style sights). The blued version is apparently shipped unfinished and then hand-polished and blued Stateside.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Nice guns, but kind of an M1911/M1911A1 mishmash. That's good enough for most folks, although the purists might take offense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Apparently they're Armscor-sourced, but made to higher standards (extremely reliable, and unusually accurate despite the tiny old-style sights). The blued version is apparently shipped unfinished and then hand-polished and blued Stateside.
    Once upon a time Ford's Guns down Florida way did the finishing on the polished blue 1911. https://www.fordsguns.com/

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Philippines. They're an Armscor product.
    Thanks. If I come across one, I'm going to take it home.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Nice guns, but kind of an M1911/M1911A1 mishmash. That's good enough for most folks, although the purists might take offense.
    I'm more of a Poorist than a Purist

Seems the two biggest things that aren't "fixable" are the enlarged ejection port and the markings - the Colt logo on the slide is copyrighted, and apparently there are some original manufacturer's marks on the dust cover. The safety, trigger, and hammer all seem fairly straightforward, though.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    It's actually not the Colt "pony" logo, but a horse and rider that looks vaguely similar if you don't look too closely .

It does, however, have the original patent date markings which is a nice touch.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't know what they cost, I don't expect too much. And that finish is absolutely beautiful. I love old school blue finish. Not every gun has to be Springfield TRP quality for you to enjoy owning and shooting.

I got say, I'd be very tempted if I handled one.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12