Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick access "safe"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    And almost all home invasions like that are drug or crime related, not just random hits. The chances of someone busting down your door at random is so incredibly slim it is statistically zero.
    YouTube alone has hundreds of such videos where the victims of such burglaries/robberies were not "drug dealers". Not to mention the crime data available online.

Do you have . . .

A smoke alarm?

A home owners insurance policy?

Fire extinguisher(s)?

Seat belt?

Locks on your door?

Why bother with any of that, statistically you won't need them.

Do you ever take a shower when your wife is gone? Seems like that would leave you rather vulnerable.
    Your quip indicates to me you're of the "bad things don't happen to good people" and or "it won't happen to me" mindset, that's cool.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 04-28-17 at 03:21.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    YouTube alone has hundreds of such videos where the victims of such burglaries/robberies were not "drug dealers". Not to mention the crime data available online.

Do you have . . .

A smoke alarm?

A home owners insurance policy?

Fire extinguisher(s)?

Seat belt?

Locks on your door?

Why bother with any of that, statistically you won't need them.

Your quip indicates to me you're of the "bad things don't happen to good people" and or "it won't happen to me" mindset, that's cool.
    The crime data shows that it does happen overwhelmingly to people involved in the drug trade and in criminal activity. If I thought bad things don't happen to good people I wouldn't have quick access weapons in my home, I'm just not paranoid enough to think someone is going to bust down my door before I can either run out the back and escape or run to where I have my gun. Again, do you shower with a firearm?

I have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher because they are cheap and easy insurance policies. I don't have a fire extinguisher in every room and I don't keep one on my belt while watching a movie because it's more than likely unnecessary.

I don't really care if you're decked out in body armor 24/7, that's your deal, if you look at the statistics and use some common sense you will see that it is an incredibly rare thing unless you are involved in illegal activities.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    do you shower with a firearm?

I do! I shower with a firearm!

Well, depending on what your definition of "firearm" is.. Personally, I call it a cannon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    I do! I shower with a firearm!

Well, depending on what your definition of "firearm" is.. Personally, I call it a cannon.
    This. This is an excellent comment. Touché sir.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The crime data shows that it does happen overwhelmingly to people involved in the drug trade and in criminal activity. If I thought bad things don't happen to good people I wouldn't have quick access weapons in my home, I'm just not paranoid enough to think someone is going to bust down my door before I can either run out the back and escape or run to where I have my gun. Again, do you shower with a firearm?

I have smoke detectors and a fire extinguisher because they are cheap and easy insurance policies. I don't have a fire extinguisher in every room and I don't keep one on my belt while watching a movie because it's more than likely unnecessary.

I don't really care if you're decked out in body armor 24/7, that's your deal, if you look at the statistics and use some common sense you will see that it is an incredibly rare thing unless you are involved in illegal activities.
    I believe people tend to accentuate the risks related to intentional violent acts more than other risks regardless of statistical significance. At least that is the way I take it.

As a young officer I observed that many officers were focused on the dramatic rather than solid, low key professionalism in tactics and demeanor. The same holds true of the general population.

I know a couple of folks who won't leave home without a gun, and of course their Marlboro's. IDK which is riskier, running around nekkid without a gun or smoking, as a never smoker I have my thoughts on the matter.

I have a friend that logs over 20,000 miles a year on his motorcycle, but will not fly because it is too dangerous. We are could ALL be described as irrational on some subject.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The crime data shows that it does happen overwhelmingly to people involved in the drug trade and in criminal activity.
    Could you provide a link to this crime data you speak of showing the vast majority of victims of home invasions are "in the drug trade and in criminal activity"?

If I thought bad things don't happen to good people I wouldn't have quick access weapons in my home, . . .
    Your definition of "quick access" is peculiar.

I'm just not paranoid enough to think someone is going to bust down my door before I can either run out the back and escape or run to where I have my gun.
    Um, well you see the whole of idea of personal firearm ownership and home defense in general is so one does not have to, as you put it "run out the back and escape".

Again, do you shower with a firearm?
    Well if I told you, I'd have to . . . well you know.

So statistically speaking you might just have a need for those items . . . huh.

Who said anything about body armor? Since you broached the subject matter, you do realize that you are on M4C right? Anyone who has spent more than a month on here reading threads would realize that we have members who have full kit; PCs, canned SBRs, IR, and NODs for their home defense set-up.

Common sense dictates that I have a firearm within reach while I'm in my home and not upstairs in a safe or clear on the other side of the house. It also demands that I don't "run and escape out the back" thus abandoning my wife, child, and Earthy possessions to the savage hoard.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I'm not going to go research and pull data to try to convince you of something you clearly don't care about. If you actually care you can do the leg work, and no, the fact that YouTube videos exist don't make it a common occurrence. If a murderous hoard of bad guys descends upon my quiet, unassuming, middle class home with very few non-firearm valuables close by to other homes of much higher wealth I'll be sure to say you told me so.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Oh no. Who set the Moose loose?

I washed my bike out in my front yard today - while all of my firearms are in my safe.

According to M4C I should be raped, HIV+, and dead right now.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    And this thread is officially porked

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234