Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best CZ Handgun For Carry?

Feedback Score
    If cz made a p01 with the traditional 75 trigger (not omega) or someone could modify it to be sao, I'd have bought one years ago and never looked elsewhere. Shame.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If cz made a p01 with the traditional 75 trigger (not omega) or someone could modify it to be sao, I'd have bought one years ago and never looked elsewhere. Shame.
    The normal P01 has the traditional trigger, and CZ custom or Cajun Gun Works can make it SAO for you if you like, or tune it to be a sweet DA/SA, whatever you desire... I have CZ's from both shops - all excellent

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    How does the grip length of the PO-7 compare to the grip of the G19?
    The grip is better in all aspects lol.

I for one can't shoot a flock to save my life though. It has backstraps that are replaceable and has a more vertical feel to the grip. Not so much chanting strong hand like the glock does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    The normal P01 has the traditional trigger, and CZ custom or Cajun Gun Works can make it SAO for you if you like, or tune it to be a sweet DA/SA, whatever you desire... I have CZ's from both shops - all excellent

All p01's I saw were decocker. Are you talking the omega triggrr? A little late now, as that ship has sailed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    All p01's I saw were decocker. Are you talking the omega triggrr? A little late now, as that ship has sailed.
    The P01 comes in 2 flavors...decocker traditional trigger, or the new omega trigger, you install decocker or safety. If you want a traditional trigger with safety, get the 75 compact. That also has a steel frame vs alloy, so some differences.

Either way, give the dudes at czc and cgw a call and let them know exactly what you want, and they will do it. They assemble non-factory configurations all the time. Combining the slide of one model to the frame of another, changing to safety on a p01, etc

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I was able to get hands on with a SP-01 9MM today. I liked the way it felt in the handand how it pointed for me. Unfortunately, I can't use the slide lock lever because it's so far forward.

There was no P-O7 in the store. I'm not having any luck finding one locally.

Is the slide lever the same way on the O7 as it is on the SP-01?

Here's another question:

The shop I was in said the gun was brand new from the manufacturer with mepro NS. However, this gun was filthy, externally the chamber (finish) was worn. The front of the barrel had the typical smiles on it with significant wear. It looks like a thousand rounds went through the gun. Is that normal for NIB CZ guns?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was able to get hands on with a SP-01 9MM today. I liked the way it felt in the handand how it pointed for me. Unfortunately, I can't use the slide lock lever because it's so far forward.
    Is the slide lever the same way on the O7 as it is on the SP-01?
    I can reach the slide lever with my thumb on the P-07 if I stretch just a tiny bit, but it's definitely farther forward than some designs (especially compared to Sig).

Here's another question:
    The shop I was in said the gun was brand new from the manufacturer with mepro NS. However, this gun was filthy, externally the chamber (finish) was worn. The front of the barrel had the typical smiles on it with significant wear. It looks like a thousand rounds went through the gun. Is that normal for NIB CZ guns?
    No, not at all. My three CZs, all of which have been used, don't have the types of wear you describe, and when new (two were purchased new) had no wear marks, just like I expect from any quality new gun. Nor were they filthy. It's been a while, but memory is that the CZs arrive covered in oil but otherwise fairly clean. I believe CZ test fires all guns, but they were definitely not filthy.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I should have put this in my other post.....I have fairly large hands (XL gloves) and noticed if I stretch a bit I can use the lever. It's not undoable, just different.

I'm really digging the SP-01 though.

Wasn't sure what kind of reaction I would have gotten if I started snapping pictures of the gun. I wish I was exaggerating on its condition. Definitely a lot of oil on the gun. But definitely filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I can reach the slide lever with my thumb on the P-07 if I stretch just a tiny bit, but it's definitely farther forward than some designs (especially compared to Sig).

No, not at all. My three CZs, all of which have been used, don't have the types of wear you describe, and when new (two were purchased new) had no wear marks, just like I expect from any quality new gun. Nor were they filthy. It's been a while, but memory is that the CZs arrive covered in oil but otherwise fairly clean. I believe CZ test fires all guns, but they were definitely not filthy.

Feedback Score
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this one yet, but the "RAMI" is CZ's mini 75. This has the extended mag. Comes in either safety or decocker models.

DLo065-Rubber2.jpg
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, the PO-7 ain't gonna happen.

I was able to get hands on with it today. The grip does not work for me. Using the slide release lever definitely does not work for me. Both the decocker and slide release lever interfere with my grip. The grip had a weird feel to it. It was skinny left to right but felt akwardly long front to back.

Now on a good note...I have a PO-1 on order. Not sure what it is about that gun but it was solid all around. The decocker will take some getting used too. At least its position anyway. I was able to maintain my grip on the gun without the levers interfering with it. Not sure if my MK1 hand weight scale is off, but the O1 felt exceptionally lighter than the O7.

I'm looking at the carry kit from CGW as well as night sights.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast