Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Precision Rifle Build

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
    nice build
    Hey...thanks!

556BR: Gonna try some Outback (ADI) 55 gr Blitzkings and Hornady V-Max on Monday... will see how they do at 100 and 200 yards

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's a nice rig. I gave up on the UBR since it's like a unicorn. How do you like your LaRue trigger?

Feedback Score
    Great build!
    OIF Vet | 0331

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunMiddie View Post
    That's a nice rig. I gave up on the UBR since it's like a unicorn. How do you like your LaRue trigger?
    Thank you.

It feels like the UBR is unobtanium, that's for sure! I like the SL-S stock though in the interim, and some day, that gen 2 UBR WILL come to market!

I really like the LaRue trigger for what it is. What I mean, is that it's a general purpose trigger that is decent for precision work. It's specs are similar to the G SSA, but to me, it feels closer to a G SSA-E trigger.

NC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTango23 View Post
    Great build!
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Finally!!!

Attachment 46277

Oh yeah!!! First go with new stock and suppressor on Monday! Great way to enjoy the Independence Day holiday!

NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 07-02-17 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Finally!!!

Attachment 46271

Oh yeah!!! First go with new stock and suppressor on Monday! Great way to enjoy the Independence Day holiday!

NC
    Your attachment is not working.. Btw do you have the old style MK4 rail with the set screws, or the new style with the tabs? I only ask because I want to swap out the KAC URX 3.1 I currently have mounted to my MUR for a Geissele MK4.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 07-02-17 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Your attachment is not working.. Btw do you have the old style MK4 rail with the set screws, or the new style with the tabs? I only ask because I want to swap out the KAC URX 3.1 I currently have mounted to my MUR for a Geissele MK4.
    Ok, not sure why the pic wasn't displaying, but I have re-loaded the picture...

My Mk4 has the hex screws on the tabs against the upper receiver...I had no fit issues with the MUR upper

NC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

July 3 Update

Ran it today for the first time with the UBR G2 stock and suppressor. Love the stock! Definitely worth the wait. UBR feels lighter than the SL-S stock I was running previously. 30 uneventful, boringly reliable and accurate shots with Hornady 75gr OTM and BH 223 77 gr SMK on an 8" gong at 300 yards. Virtually automatic at this range. Conditions at 0800 were 83 degrees with 7 mph NE wind.

Attachment 46311Attachment 46312Attachment 46313

Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I wanted to build a .223/5.56 rifle capable of 1 MOA (100 yds) to 2 MOA (500 yards) for target shooting, varmint hunting, etc. The rifle is intended to be used mostly in the prone position and with optics only. I acquired the barrel a couple of years ago when LaRue Tactical was having a sale, so the build has bee evolving since. Lastly, I was inspired by Eurodriver's high wind shooting treatise as goal for the rifle (and the shooter).

Here are the specs:

Upper
    • 18” LaRue Stealth SS barrel, mid-length gas system, Wylde chamber, 1:8 twist
    • SureFire MB556K muzzle brake
    • LaRue low profile gas block
    • Geissele Mk 4 15” hand guard
    • Vltor MUR upper receiver
    • BCM bolt carrier group
    • BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle

Lower
    • Battle Arms Development forged lower
    • BCM lower parts except for Battle Arms Development ambi selector and takedown pins
    • LaRue MBT 2 stage trigger
    • A5H2 buffer and Sprinco green action spring
    • Magpul UBR G2 stock and A5/SR25 Receiver Extension

Accessories
    • Nightforce SHV F1 4x14x50 Mil-R scope with LaRue SPR mount
    • Harris bi-pod

I've got close to 1000 rounds through it so far, and it has been 100% reliable, running in temperature ranges between 23 degrees and 105 degrees. I've achieved 1.25 MOA at 100 yards and am consistently able (80%ish) to hit an 8" steel gong at 500 yards, in moderate wind, like 25 mph cross winds. A little better with light wind.

Attachment 46301Attachment 46302

Attachment 45189Attachment 45190
    Last edited by nightchief; 07-03-17 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    First off, that's a helluva nice rifle you put together. I just ordered my UBR 2.0 this evening for something that's quite simular to your rifle. You stated you went with the A5H2 buffer. After reading so many threads about how over gassed the Stealth barrels are, did you try a -3 buffer or is the -2 plenty with the Sprinco green? These are my last parts needed (other than glass), been waiting on the new UBR for quite a while now.
    Last edited by devinsdad; 07-04-17 at 00:33. Reason: Spelling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast