Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester White box and semiautomatics.

Feedback Score

Winchester White box and semiautomatics.

I have a colleague that has a an M&P 2.0. He has been having issues with a failure to eject with Winchester White box 9mm 115 grain bullets. This happens about 1 out of 50 rounds.

He has no issues with other brands of ammo.

Does anyone have similar issues? Does anyone else have issues with Winchester White box in any of their other guns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Never had issues with WWB out of:

SW Shield
    Glock 34/26/19/17
    Colt 1911
    VP9

Feedback Score
    Over the last umpty-ump years I've shot more Winchester White Box 115 grain than any other 9mm round. Last year's total alone was just under 5,000 rounds and I've never had a problem with it. UMC 115 grain 9mm and Magtech in any loading are products I definitely will never buy again but WWB has a perfect track record with me and all my 9mm handguns. Just an experience of one shooter.

I have a good sized inventory of different 9mm ammo including different brands, bullet weights and power levels. Maybe I'm lucky, but other than the two brands I mentioned above all my factory 9mm ammo and guns function as they should, from the least expensive range ammo to the pricy self defense loads.

OP, maybe as your friends gun becomes more broken in, since the M&P 2.0 is a pretty new offering, it will shoot with anything. In the meantime the fix is obvious that he should use something else. Even when buying from the excellent supplier S&G Ammunition, Winchester White Box is not the cheapest range ammo around.

Good luck to you friend and his new gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    WWB has always been by far the most consistently reliable range ammo I have used regardless of gun used and will grab that given a choice. UMC has given me a few clunkers ovet the years.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Over the last umpty-ump years I've shot more Winchester White Box 115 grain than any other 9mm round. Last year's total alone was just under 5,000 rounds and I've never had a problem with it. UMC 115 grain 9mm and Magtech in any loading are products I definitely will never buy again but WWB has a perfect track record with me and all my 9mm handguns. Just an experience of one shooter.

I have a good sized inventory of different 9mm ammo including different brands, bullet weights and power levels. Maybe I'm lucky, but other than the two brands I mentioned above all my factory 9mm ammo and guns function as they should, from the least expensive range ammo to the pricy self defense loads.

OP, maybe as your friends gun becomes more broken in, since the M&P 2.0 is a pretty new offering, it will shoot with anything. In the meantime the fix is obvious that he should use something else. Even when buying from the excellent supplier S&G Ammunition, Winchester White Box is not the cheapest range ammo around.

Good luck to you friend and his new gun.
    It's definitely new. Maybe 500 rounds or so.

He's run UMC/Remington/Federal also. No issues with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I use WWB all the time with no issues in the following:

Sig P229 9mm
    Glock 23
    M&P .45
    Taurus 1911

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think over the past ten years I've had 1 issue with WWB, had a round with a bad primer. Honestly have had more issues with their AA 12 gauge shells than I have had with their 9mm or .45 ammo.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've fired thousands of rounds of WWB 9mm and it's been solid. (I don't own an M&P though.) IMO it's a great balance between good quality and good price.

FN BHP
    S&W 3913, 5906
    Sig P226, 228, 320C
    G17,19, 26, 43

Also a ton of 40 S&W as well as 45ACP.

The worst luck I've ever had with any "range ammo" is Federal Champion. It was so bad that I lost count on the malfunctions. If you want to work on real world malfunction drills, that might be the shit!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No issues in Glock, Sig or HK.

If his gun has one issue in 50 try a different brand. Hundreds of them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 04-22-17 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    I had a friend with 4 malfunctions with WWB ammo during a match last week. He switched to winchester NATO and finished the match without anymore issues.

Sig P320C

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast