Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester White box and semiautomatics.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've had no issues with WWB ammo over c. 14 years of use. It seems like one of the best lower price FMJ target options.

Too many different handguns to list, 9mm/40/45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Making some assumptions about which sku we're discussing... The 100rd value pack of Winchester 115 FMJ is pretty mediocre ammo, less consistent and lighter impulsed than many other value offerings. It runs in most service grade, service sized guns and is a good load to use to verify lower-end functioning.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have never had any issues with their 9mm Luger, but I have one particular Bersa that does not like the .380 Auto flat point....the other Bersa .380 does just fine with it. Strange.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Over the last umpty-ump years I've shot more Winchester White Box 115 grain than any other 9mm round. Last year's total alone was just under 5,000 rounds and I've never had a problem with it. UMC 115 grain 9mm and Magtech in any loading are products I definitely will never buy again but WWB has a perfect track record with me and all my 9mm handguns. Just an experience of one shooter.

I have a good sized inventory of different 9mm ammo including different brands, bullet weights and power levels. Maybe I'm lucky, but other than the two brands I mentioned above all my factory 9mm ammo and guns function as they should, from the least expensive range ammo to the pricy self defense loads.

OP, maybe as your friends gun becomes more broken in, since the M&P 2.0 is a pretty new offering, it will shoot with anything. In the meantime the fix is obvious that he should use something else. Even when buying from the excellent supplier S&G Ammunition, Winchester White Box is not the cheapest range ammo around.

Good luck to you friend and his new gun.
    Sorry for the thread jack, but I'm curious what issues you've had with Magtech ammo? Thanks..
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    I have been through dozens of boxes of the 100 and 200 round packs from Walmart.
    Same for the 100 round boxes of Federal Champion.

FC is around 40fps or so slower for any given gun, never an issue.

I occasionally get dud primers on the WWB.
    Maybe one or two per thousand.

And a similar number for crushed, or jacked up bullets into the case you spot when loading.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Same as others. I've used A LOT of WWB ammo in various Glocks in 9 and .40 with no ammo problems at all. Since Magtech was mentioned, my department recently started buying Magtech for practice ammo. No issues personally or that I've heard reported. We're probably 95% Glock 5% VP9.

I seem to recall WWB getting a bad rap about 10 years ago. I had no problems then, either.
    Last edited by Chameleox; 04-23-17 at 06:31.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Sorry for the thread jack, but I'm curious what issues you've had with Magtech ammo? Thanks..
    I have had limited experience with Magtech, with less than 500 rounds. But of that small sample I had several bad primers and several bullets that had a third to a half of the bullet's round nose ground off all the way into the lead core. I assume that grinding happened after the bullet was loaded as I don't think a bullet seating die would have corrected loaded such deformed bullets.

Small sample, but I would be foolish to buy any more when my other brands have never show anything this obviously defective.

Since I bought the boxes of Magtech at the same time this may have just been a bad lot, although that's all it takes for me to avoid the brand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a strange issue he is having with that M&P. I have used WWB at the range for years and never had a single malfunction from that ammunition.
    WWB used in :
    Glock 19, 17, 34, 26, 22 & 27 w/ cheap Lone wolf 9mm conversion barrels
    Sig P229, P227, P320
    Kahr PM9
    Ruger P89
    ............reliable in each of those 9mm pistols using 115gr. fmj

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I seem to recall reports of early gen 1 M&P 9s having trouble with WWB. I recall personally having one or two FTEs with my M&P 9 while shooting 115 gr FMJ WWB. I only ever shot a few hundred rounds of it. I never had a problem with any other ammo.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have had a few issues in the past with wwb. Was during the ammo shortage crisis. Since then I switched to federal 115 stuff and has been perfect. I just ran a box of the forged steel cased stuff. Very inconsistent. Much rather have wolf wpa for steel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast