Thread: VEPR FM-Ak47-11

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

VEPR FM-Ak47-11

My son turned 13 this week and had the next day off from school. So we went shooting. What else would you do? Since it was the middle of a work day we had the entire range to ourselves.

This is my 3rd VEPR. I owned two of the Robinson Arms VEPR K's back in the day. Sold them like a moron. When the FM-Ak47-11 was released I had to have one.

I added a PWS break to it along with an RS Regulate mount and Primary Arms 3x ACSS optic and a MOE stock and grip. Not traditional I know but I like it. The PA optic is not the 7.62x39 version and does not have the removable middle section of the mount so it sits a little high. I added a riser to the butt stock to overcome this. An unintended benefit is that there is very little ghosting of the FSB. Looks goofy but it works.

The VEPR is not a light rifle but if my 114lb son can run it I guess the weight shouldn't be an issue for most users. The quality of these AKs is excellent. The fit and finish crowd will not be disappointed. Mechanically they are also excellent and fairly accurate for the platform. Better ammo would certainly make this rifle really shine in the accuracy department. They are not the most expensive Ak on the market but they are not what I would call inexpensive either. The non standard furniture might be a con in some people's book but I can get over that. I also don't much care that it is missing a bayonet lug. I cant recall the last time I actually used one. Some will also poopoo that you can't keep your cleaning rod on the rifle. Ok, you got me. Not a big deal to me.

The OEM 5 round mag, at least that's all I could fit in it is garbage and we had 3 FTF using it. We only used it to get an initial zero. We used Tula 122gr HP. We switched to Magpul Gen3 and MOE magazines. All of them fed and worked 100%. No FTF after making the magazine change. The PWS brake and the weight of the rifle make it a pussy cat to shoot. I will leave the OEM trigger in it. I sort of like it. We did not experience any trigger slap with the OEM trigger.

Only 500 rounds fired today. Only 3 FTF from OEM mag. PA 3X optic is excellent and makes hits at range much easier for my old tired eyes. The RS Regulate mount is IMHO the best option available today. It is lightweight and mounts up rock solid. The ability to center the rail on the rifle is an added bonus. They are not cheap but they flat out work.

First shots with VEPR FM-Ak47-11 after getting the Primary Arms 3x optic zeroed.
    50m

Made some adjustments. Still at 50m

Took it out to 100m and went to work. First few rounds slightly off to the left. Adjusted the optic and started to have some fun.
    Not terrible considering the 10-20mph winds we had today. Good enough to hit a mansized target at 100m.

Video of my son getting his inner SPETSNAZ on.

Cheers.
    Shoot safe.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 04-23-17 at 08:05.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Looks awesome - congrats!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet setup. Scot's mounts are the best side mounts out there. I run a SAM7SF with a 3x30 ACOG. Fast and so much more clear than a RDS for me.
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC