Thread: Silencerco Omega Owners - Baffle Question

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Question Silencerco Omega Owners - Baffle Question

Long story short, I recently sent my ASR mount back to Silencerco because only one of the locking tabs was engaging on the flash hider. I experienced VERY GOOD customer service and the new/updated ASR mount was received within 2 days (longer after the threads, different color ("in the white") locking tabs; and both tabs are now engaging perfectly on the flash hider.

I am having some questionable accuracy however with the Omega on my 9" BCM 300 Blackout upper; shooting 110 Barnes Black Tips (factory loaded), with H3 buffer, BCM upper and BCG.

My question is if all Omegas have baffles like these -

Might be hard to tell but all of the "ramps" seem perfectly lined up with the exception of the third from the end cap (picture is with anchor brake removed). I am wondering if this might cause some issues with concentricity? Do your baffles look like this or are they all exactly in line with each other?

Thanks for any help!

Feedback Score
    I just looked at my Omega and a few of my baffles are not perfectly aligned. I have not had any issues with accuracy with my 300blk, 556, or .243 bolt gun. My 300blk 8" upper does not like Barnes 110gr. It definitely prefers 125gr ballistic tips.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My Omega9k and Specwar both have baffles that look pretty straight to me.

That said, I'd be trying some other loads before blaming the can. Factory Barnes TTSX are not particularly accurate in any of my 300blk rifles (3). Heck, even amongst my various hand loads, the Barnes 110 is not the most accurate.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My Omegas baffles do not appear to be perfectly straight and I do not have issues obtaining 1/2 MOA accuracy. Even so, I don't see how slightly irregular baffles would affect accuracy as they do not come into contact with bullet.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Here's what mine look like. The last baffle and end cap went flying down range with less than 30 rounds through it. No baffle strike. Last baffle was not welded.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    They don't all seem to line up perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Tag

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk