Thread: Scorpion EVO 3 Gen 1, 3 lug Barrel Upgrade

Feedback Score

Scorpion EVO 3 Gen 1, 3 lug Barrel Upgrade

So like a lot of us right after the EVOs hit the market I added a Manticore 3 lug adapter to my EVO standard barrel when they became available. Cosmetically it was OK and it served it's purpose. Fast forward, today there are many more EVO 3 upgrade options available. I ran across the ILT (In Lead We Trust) 3 lug barrel assemblies and HBI's free floating handguard and decide to go for it. Just in case you have a Gen 1 EVO 3, here's what you can expect.

In order from left to right. Original barrel, ILT full length 3 lug, ILT shorty 3 lug. Bought one of each length (one upgrade for each EVO).

As noted above, I have a Gen 1 so here is the extra step. I had to open up the trigger housing to accomadate the wider Gen 2 feed ramp. ILT will build you a barrel to Gen 1 specs but I wanted to upgrade to the wider Gen 2 feed ramp.

Original Gen 1 barrel

ILT 3 Lug Barrel wider Gen 2 feed ramp

Gen 1 trigger Housing

Opening up trigger housing to accomadate Gen 2 feed ramp. Used a fresh carbide end mill for a nice clean cut.

Touch up sharp edges with a file.

Trigger housing fits like a glove. Add HBI free floating HG, SIG MPX forward pistol grip and Yet Wurks pistol grip. I am really liking the new look. Took it to the range in the new configuration and it ran flawlessly. Runs just as good as it looks and that barrel is super accurate with and w/o the can.

Last edited by N_Parker; 04-24-17 at 02:16.