Quote Originally Posted by young_gun View Post
I bought a Freedom Upper way back in June of 2015 that had this same problem. After replacing the rings twice with BCM rings I saw this thread and discovered that I wasn't crazy for thinking the rings were wearing out way too quickly. I emailed PSA and after about a week and a half they emailed me back asking for my info so they could issue a return lable, the next day I had my return label with another email that stated I would have a new BCG sent out as soon as my old one was received. I would have to say that is pretty good service for an item that I purchased two years ago. Will update when i receive the new BCG
That is some excellent service. Especially considering the age of the BCG in question. I've not done a ton of business with PSA. Mostly ammo, mags and a few components. On one occasion I did have an issue, and they went above and beyond to make it right.

Andy - Glad to hear that they turned it around quickly for you, and that the replacement appears to have resolved the issue. Let us know if anything changes.