Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG eats gas rings

Feedback Score
    Why "roll the dice" with them? Unless, it's a "fun gun", why would you gamble with questionable items?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-28-18 at 09:07. Reason: my original post was full of butt-hurt.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Chalk it up as a learning experience and buy a quality piece.
    Cheap price, cheap parts, cheap results.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-28-18 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    That's a defective bolt carrier. Buy a Colt, BCM or LMT unit and replace that one. It's going to keep doing what it does.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    "But the specs are the same as colt!"

Jokes aside, I would expect them to take it back and at least inspect It's sounds like a fault piece to me.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-23-17 at 21:38. Reason: Phone froze

Feedback Score
    If it was a BCM BCG, one of the mods would have already closed this thread and said you must contact the manufacturer first.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-28-18 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    How the hell do you send something back to PSA? They don't return emails or phone calls. I don't think they have a customer service department.
    Outside of ammo, the only hardware I've purchased from PSA was a Premium BCG & Magpul D-60 combo. Had a minor issue with the BCG, which was documented in another thread. It really only needed a new extractor spring, but PSA insisted they replace the whole thing.

It took one phone call. Shipped it and recieved the replacement in about a week. I did sit on hold for 20-30 minutes, but I purposely called them on my ride home from work during rush hour; just in case the hold time was long. So, that didn't really bother me. As far as I know they're a much smaller, veteran owned, operation than their footprint in the market would indicate. So a little bit longer hold is understandable.

All things considered, their CS was excellent. No arguments. Just one call and an entirely new replacement was at my door in a few days time. Again, all I really was expecting was for them to send me a new spring. So, I'd rate that experience as going above and beyond.

I get that everyone's experiences will vary. But that can be said about many companies. I also realize your comment was likely in jest, but they definitely have a CS department.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    When this happens it's usually a burr inside the carrier that is causing it. One of our members had it occur with is BM carrier about every 1K rounds or so.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast