Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BCG eats gas rings

Feedback Score
    I've seen some other examples that have worn in successfully in the bolt bore and/or cam pin area and/or rail areas. That definitely does not mean that they are okay to start out with by any means. That's a lot of rounds lost and wear of many items to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    ~ 20 orders with zero issues, all delivered within a week. That's why.

If I took on every negative experience I've read on the internet as my own, there would be no one left to buy from.

At the end of the day, some company's mistakes get a pass while that same mistake made of others are used as a testament to their brand.

The experience of others does hold some relevance, but my own experience is the ultimate decider; besides, I never did like the taste of Kool-Aid.
    Round of applause! You hit the nail on the head. One doesn't have to search far to find similar complaints for every company out there. Yes, some may come up more frequently, but others are excused far more than they should be.

There's a pretty funny one I saw the other day. It wasn't here, but a guy posted that his brand new AR came with a bent charging handle. The company and model in question is one we hear everyday. Four letters, four numbers. Well, the dude has been waiting over two months for a replacement. He's talked to their CS a couple of times, and it's apparent someone is dropping the ball.

The funny part...one response, almost verbatim, "Congrats on the rifle! Don't worry about getting a replacement. Just get an aftermarket CH instead." Lol. Congratulations on your defective rifle, suck it up and just replace the part on your own dime.

Yeah...that would never fly with most other companies.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Not in this current timeframe, but in another one, I've seen shipping and warehouse issues that resulted into time delays not due to the manufacturer that required repair that could not be provided immediately to resolve the issue.
    Is that an issue with the manufacturer? Or is it a supply issue? Lots of questions there to look into.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey OP, have you tried a McFarland one piece gas ring?

http://www.fulton-armory.com/boltgas...nd1-piece.aspx

or, you could go with the boutique brand:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod68370.aspx

I get it if you want to send the bolt back. Myself, I have a couple of the McFarlands in my box and I'd drop one in to see. My motive would be to get it working reliably, even if it needed the one piece rings.

I also feel the edges of the splits on all the rings I install to make sure there aren't burrs or edges on them.

Good luck!
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-24-17 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-28-18 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Don't waste anymore of your money or most importantly, valuable time dealing with crap like psa. Lesson learned.

Buy a BCM bcg and go spend your time shooting, not sending parts back or waiting for return calls from bottom tier companies.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I understand the frustration of a BCG that does that. If I may offer a bit of advise. I am an Armorer that works on these beautiful rifles we call AR's every week. I get paid to work at the adult shooter's Disneyland. We have approximately 1300 rifles in service with our department. I've seen BCGs from EVERY known company, and some unknown. Please buy yourself a Sionics NP3 coated bolt and BCG. The NP3 is NOT a gimmick, and it's NOT nickel boron. It is different on a molecular level. I run 2 of them. One in my Noveske, and one in my full boat, Sionics Patrol Carbine XL. Yes, I am friends with Iraqgunz, and Josh, the owner of Sionics, but that IS NOT why I recommend them. I recommend them because I've seen the other alternatives. I truly believe in Sionics, and am working on getting them approved for our department. I trust them, and I'd trust my guys with them. Their BCG's and bolts are the real deal.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 04-24-17 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    I second Vegasshooter. I currently own 23 different AR's and just recently bought a Sionics BCG. It is crazy how easy it is to clean. It is now at 922 rounds, and obviously no problems. I remarked to a friend, and fellow shooter, that I was dangerously close to doing something stupid and replacing all my BCG's with the Sionics. I have since bought 2 more. I have not yet dared to use the first one with no lube, but I really do think you could. I also own a few nickel boron BCG's from another manufacturer. They also work fine, but are not nearly the same.
    Last edited by DGB; 04-24-17 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the Sionics tip, wasn't aware of this. Sounds like a no brainer upgrade for any rifle.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    ~ 20 orders with zero issues, all delivered within a week. That's why.

If I took on every negative experience I've read on the internet as my own, there would be no one left to buy from.

At the end of the day, some company's mistakes get a pass while that same mistake made of others are used as a testament to their brand.

The experience of others does hold some relevance, but my own experience is the ultimate decider; besides, I never did like the taste of Kool-Aid.
    Oh there are plenty of places that drink from the PSA KoolAid trough, this just isn't one of those places.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast