Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack the Carl Vinson?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Attack the Carl Vinson?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04...rys-force.html

Pointless bluster of course. Hard to imagine that any country on the world stage would have the incredible stupidity to attempt a "pre-emptive" attack on a major US asset in international waters, but who knows? I'm having a hard time grasping the stupidity in even making the threat.

Nevertheless, in the event we found a couple of Fat Boy's ballistic missiles making their way toward the Carl Vinson Strike Group, how would the US respond? I assume it would be with something in excess of 59 Tomahawk missiles.....

...and, what would China do?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    #HowManyJDAMsCanDanceOnTheHeadOfAPin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    LOL

Yeah...gotta discourage that shit. It would be a helluva way to make a point though, and ultimately could solve a lot of our foreign policy problems....
    Last edited by Hmac; 04-23-17 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    How is NK attacking the Carl Vinson BG?

The CVBG has got so many ships out there to shoot down so many missiles - anything NK may possibly have short of a nuclear weapon won't reach the carrier (especially now that they are essentially running on full alert 24/7...even moreso than a carrier BG off of NK shore would anyway) It'd be hard to politically justify obliterating all of NK because of an unsuccessful preemptive strike on our warships - but maybe Trump isn't the average cuck POTUS typical to what we've had for >40 years.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Dude...they aren't. But.....

"Our revolutionary forces are combat-ready to sink a U.S. nuclear powered aircraft carrier with a single strive," according to North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party’s newspaper, the Rodong Sinmum.

The paper also likened the USS Carl Vinson to a “gross animal” and said a strike on the carrier would be “an actual example to show our military’s force.”
    I'm certainly no expert, but I have a hard time believing that...a) they would be able to lumber one of their missiles through and b) the response to even the attempt wouldn't be near-orgasmic.
    Last edited by Hmac; 04-23-17 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    ...the response to even the attempt wouldn't be near-orgasmic.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    >tin pot despot stroking his e-penis at God Emperor
    >thinks GEOTUS will BTFO
    >tin pot dictator has tragic ending to life story

As an aside, it's like the NORKs literally built this shit just so the United States Army could tear this down in a symbolic gesture, that echoes throughout history.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Dude...they aren't. But.....

I'm certainly no expert, but I have a hard time believing that...a) they would be able to lumber one of their missiles through and b) the response to even the attempt wouldn't be near-orgasmic.
    I should have said "How is NK attacking the CVBG in your scenario because our response would depend upon that"
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

The CVBG has got so many ships out there to shoot down so many missiles - anything NK may possibly have short of a nuclear weapon won't reach the carrier (especially now that they are essentially running on full alert 24/7...even moreso than a carrier BG off of NK shore would anyway) It'd be hard to politically justify obliterating all of NK because of an unsuccessful preemptive strike on our warships - but maybe Trump isn't the average cuck POTUS typical to what we've had for >40 years.
    If they were stupid enough to try that's an act of war. Should we just ignore it? What if they launched a nuke at our west coast but our high-tech anti-missile missiles shot it down? Do we just ignore that?

Let's break it down to the schoolyard: a kid takes a swing at you, and you block it. Is it over then? Or do you beat the ever-loving shit out of him?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast