Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack the Carl Vinson?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Yeah, and his work-life balance is still better than yours...or so it seems...
    The timing of that guys capture sure is suspect. Probably couldn't handle the hours anymore and just walked in to the Party Office with a burning picture of Mr. Kim himself.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-24-17 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stay on topic please.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Perhaps step back and rethink the seeming invincibilty of any aircraftcarrier battlegroup.
    Quite the opposite:
    Looking at actual wargame results carriers got sunk by dieselsubs at least twice; if memory serves me by the Candian abd Dutch navy.
    Quite the black eye for the navy and very much suppressed.....
    Bottom line, they make for VERY hard to miss targets.
    I'd give the Canadian and Dutch Navies a few more points for having better training and discipline than the NORK's. Plus , how often have the NORK's war gamed against an actual U.S. CBG?

Same with all of these anti-ship missiles that are supposed to be so fearsome that we should just park our CVN's and never leave port. It's one thing to hit a stationary barge/towed target. It's a completely different scenario when there are multiple vessels dedicated to defending the CVN in a dynamic sea battle.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take these threats seriously, but we shouldn't ignore the layers of defense that a CBG has. Plus, once the birds are launched the CVN is gonna put some distance between itself and any threats PDQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    I'd give the Canadian and Dutch Navies a few more points for having better training and discipline than the NORK's. Plus , how often have the NORK's war gamed against an actual U.S. CBG?

Same with all of these anti-ship missiles that are supposed to be so fearsome that we should just park our CVN's and never leave port. It's one thing to hit a stationary barge/towed target. It's a completely different scenario when there are multiple vessels dedicated to defending the CVN in a dynamic sea battle.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take these threats seriously, but we shouldn't ignore the layers of defense that a CBG has. Plus, once the birds are launched the CVN is gonna put some distance between itself and any threats PDQ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Truth. A CBG understands it is at risk of AS missiles and takes precautions accordingly. Of the navies I would be concerned about, NK is not amongst them. I fully concede a blind squirrel gets a nut and a lucky strike is always possible.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All I know is that one of the sure fire ways to get people needlessly killed is by underestimating your opponent and having a big ego. I hope the guys in charge of the CVN task force don't fall into that category. That's A LOT of lives out there.

Trying anything against the Vinson group is sure suicide for fat boy and more importantly his entire staff. Maybe, just maybe one or all f them have the balls to kill that little ****er before some bad shit happens to a lot of people.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    All I know is that one of the sure fire ways to get people needlessly killed is by underestimating your opponent and having a big ego. I hope the guys in charge of the CVN task force don't fall into that category. That's A LOT of lives out there.
    Navy commanders tend to learn and remember lessons. I assure you they recall what happened when the Iranians ****ed with our boat a while back, and they are sticklers for procedure. So it doesn't matter to them if they are facing the Russian Navy or the Skipper and Gilligan on the S.S. Minnow, they won't underestimate NK.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    An internal solution with the fat bastard dead would be out-freaking-standing.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    The administration has called the entire Senate to the White House Wednesday for a briefing on North Korea.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-briefing.html
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    "You just don't see the United Nations, like, solving conflicts." Lol. The man will call a spade a spade. Love it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you think the norks have a chance of sinking a CVN, Ill just leave this here.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-24-17 at 15:24.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast