Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raven Concealment Holsters - Check Them Out! ***Pictures***

Feedback Score
    1SFG,

they have added a set of more robust kydex over hook for the IWB rigs if requested i made that request of them and they came through after I wrenched them off my belt and snapped one of the thinner versions. at the fold so to speak.

Jay, really stepped up and made it happen. I do however have the rubber loops as well for backup use.

Feedback Score
    Steve, that's exactly where mine snapped. Right at the fold. Glad to hear a thicker version was developed to prevent against that happening in the future. Again, in all fairness to the company, they probably didn't envision the thing being worn with body armor putting a stress against it (i.e. the holster hugging the body but being pushed away by my body armor rig). For regular carry use, it hasn't been an issue.

By the way, this company just vaulted to the top of my "guys who are potentially good to go" list. I logged in today, made my earlier post and was about to close out when I saw I had a couple of PM's. One of them was from a guy in country offering to help me out, and the other was from the fricking owner of the company offering to square me away with new hooks. You can't beat that for customer service. I'll post up a pic when I get a chance showing how the thing was being worn when it snapped and where the snap occurred. I'm thinking the stress that was being put on the fold is the culprit.

Feedback Score
    I can bet on who that was....LOL.

these guys are some the best i have ever delt with.

Stay safe

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just got a confirmation email from them for my order, they're 20 days out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ygbsm View Post
    Holy massive holster Batman! Have you considered something that's one-piece, and therefore, smaller? When I say one-piece, I mean from someone who molds and folds, not just rivets together two pieces.

Here's some pics of other kydex rigs for light/gun combos. The side views really tell the tale.

This one is a ten year old Blade-Tech.
    "He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers." -- Charles Peguy

I currently teach for Tactical Response.

I have taught for Options for Personal Security, Tac Pro Shooting Center, and Shivworks, as well as teaching under my own banner.

I have given presentations at Tom Given's Polite Society Conferences, the National Tactical Invitational and Gabe Suarez's WarriorTalk Symposia.

Feedback Score
    These pics are of the modular SideArmor design. When we had the Surefire guys out earlier this year for a training deal, Bill Murphy was running one of these and thought it was tits. While it is thinner than the Blade-Tech unit, it is still pretty lacking.
    "He who does not bellow the truth when he knows the truth makes himself the accomplice of liars and forgers." -- Charles Peguy

I have taught for Options for Personal Security, Tac Pro Shooting Center, and Shivworks, as well as teaching under my own banner.

I have given presentations at Tom Given's Polite Society Conferences, the National Tactical Invitational and Gabe Suarez's WarriorTalk Symposia.

Feedback Score
    And here's the RCS setup. While they look very wide in a 'flat picture', they actually contour better than any other kydex that I've seen or worked with.

Other than for appendix carry, I'm still leery of kydex for general,day-to-day use, but I fully recognize that that I'm in the minority on that point.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A bit late to the party here, but another member (Palmguy) gave me a RCS holster for a small-frame Glock and I love it. It held the gun very close to my body (almost too close) and was very comfy. I haven't put it through many paces outside of dryfiring here in the condo, so I'm not much use there until I run my 34 at IDPA.

I'm definitely ordering a couple more for my XD and the soon-to-be G17.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    i have two raven holsters, one for my 1911 and another phantom for my glock 19. the first holster i got from them was for the .45, and that was two years ago. i've beat the hell out of it and it still looks and preforms as good as the first draw. wearing body armor with the full weight resting on a holster sounds like a good way to ruin any holster. raven is the only holster maker i trust 100%, and the only one that gets much praise from me. just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just a cautious advice, I would loctite the four tiny screws holding the OWB belt loops/brackets. I never had any problems with mine prior to the time that I started to loctite them, but any screws could back out, so I do it as an added insurance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234